Winter Camping South Florida?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All,
I moved up to North Florida as general gun hunting season is in now and many of the dispersed camping areas in Ocala NF, Big Cypress, Etc are closed.
However! Osceola National Forest has 2 areas open for dry camping which are normally 14 day limits but for the remainder of hunting season they are not enforcing the 14 day rule. If you look for West Tower Campground (it comes up as West Lookout Tower on thy phone GPS) This is a great place. Potable water, flush toilet, trash pick up, and FREE!! Not many people here at the moment.
Good Luck
God Bless

vgilbert said:
Hello All,
I moved up to North Florida as general gun hunting season is in now and many of the dispersed camping areas in Ocala NF, Big Cypress, Etc are closed.
However! Osceola National Forest has 2 areas open for dry camping which are normally 14 day limits but for the remainder of hunting season they are not enforcing the 14 day rule. If you look for West Tower Campground (it comes up as West Lookout Tower on thy phone GPS) This is a great place. Potable water, flush toilet, trash pick up, and FREE!! Not many people here at the moment.
Good Luck
God Bless
That's good info. Thanks

Hi cammaluJust checking to see how things are going in the southwest?Im currently in tuscon and considering some options out westregardsDavidCammalu said:
Davsey just come west and camp with us. Abnorm just called and the group isn’t in YARC Camp but about 200 yards away. I can live with that. They are ATVers and just hope they are respectful when driving thru camp. I have a puttputt also but am very dust aware.

Davsey. They weren’t in YARC camp after all. It’s very quiet in camp this year. Only three rigs at present.