Cheap car camping south Florida ?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Per weatherspark, South Florida has warmer day temps, far warmer night temps, more sunshine and a similar chance of rain in winter compared to the "low desert" of western Arizona. (Look at Arizona weather now, barely in the 60s, rain wind and clouds. I've spent three winters in AZ and SoCal, this is typical during stormy periods, which can last weeks.) But your room to roam is much more limited in South Florida, and finding camping is tough.

Stealth camp nights and state park pass for the days would be how I would do South Florida.

I payed the tag renewal fee online as the vehicles registration expired a few days ago

It seems my California plates have just expired here in Florida.Although the California dmv renewed them and when I called the. suggested if a cop pulls me over they will see the same thing in the system that the registration is good till January of 2023 with the California address.....

I did lose my California registration paper that expired but do have insurance and title...

I was told by the California dmv that the new stickers are being sent to my old address and my parents setup mail forwarding to their new home in Virginia and still haven't received the forwarded tags

I was pulled over twice in Naples .One for headlights not working and one for rear brakelights not working.I didn't have registration paperwork and the cops seemed generous and didn't ticket me both times.

Is it true what the dmv said regarding the cops being able to see in their system that the tags have been renewed?

Any tips on resolving the lost registration documents being out of state and the stickers would be much appreciated

I was approved for a emergency voucher and am seeking housing here for now and probably car camp part time for now

Which I am very grateful for during these times

Thank you