Will I End Up Alone

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No reason to make things complicated.Start with sex and if that is good,everything else will be ok.

.........a great way for Nomads to find partners ?   

#1  Be in an environment that isn't almost exclusively those of your own gender.  

#2  Find an area where the women may somewhat outnumber the men.   Not by too much to avoid desperate girls.

OK ?  So how do you go about it ?

Start by using this map which shows the "Disparity of the Genders" or where one sex outnumbers the other.

[img=605x740]http://djsaan.homestead.com/Gender_Imbalance_Map.jpg[/img]

As you can see on West Coast  men outnumber the women,  and on the east coast the women outnumber the men.   So if you go on the road you may want to go east of the Mississippi River Valley.   It isn't to say that you won't find a female partner in the west but girls there have the luxury of being able to pick and choose as the ratio
is so much in their favor.  For a more introverted guy,  you may fare better in an area where the ratio benefits you.  

If you want to travel and know about a Town you would like to visit,  go to Google and visit the City-Data com information portal.

You would enter  City-Data dot com/ciity/ the name of the town and state and hit enter.  It will show you all kinds of information but at the top the per cent of men to women. 

You have to remember that finding a partner is a numbers game,  And women may be the natural choosers most of the time.

Good Luck !

A time capsule thread from June of last year....and he last visited in July of last year.

He may have bought a Harley and rode off into the sunset, having found all the women he wants by now.

That's what I did at his age....kinda...

:cool:

That map doesn't take into account the preferences of the singles or a desire for commitment.
Not all single men in a location are looking for single women. And vice versa.

Quality might matter more than Quantity.

Yes.  LOL.  If you're a single and land in a town where it is almost a 50/50 distribution of men and women and most of those are in committed relationships there won't be much quantity to sift thru to find the quality.  That Map can only do so much.

While there may be plenty of fish in the sea,  ya still may have to do a lot of fishing to find a real keeper.

eDJ. - I guess that’s why so many prefer “catch and release“

I used to wonder what happened in a situation like mine if I die on the road somewhere and my wife and kids don’t give a damn, nobody to claim the body what are they gonna do with me?I don’t think about it anymore ,it’s not my problem, I will not have to deal with it.

Yeah,  catch & release seems to represent a lot of people in their quest for perfection.  One could only wait a few years to see those maps using Facebook technology and after you visit the map mysteriously text appear on your cell stating,  "You have 5 new perfect matches in these zip codes".   Given that there's no such thing as privacy any more and with the information mining that goes on today even a HERMIT won't be safe in the deep western boondocks.  

I wonder how many of us who are on the road have a notice with our vehicle registration & proof of insurance as to what to do in that situation.  A lot of folks are donating their body to medical science so that when they are finished with it they take care of your final internment or cremation.  I guess the state would get your rig and trappings.  A person could write up a brief obit to go with that and 800 numbers to notify creditors.

Yeah in the West the odds are good but the goods are odd. Just sayin’ Sounds better than it is.

After 3 divorces my words of wisdom are "get a cat or dog."   Best traveling companions around.

I am reminded of the Colombian saying "Better alone than with the wrong person."

LERCA said:
Yeah in the West the odds are good but the goods are odd. Just sayin’ Sounds better than it is.
And most likely some form of LGBTQ that doesn't match your search parameters.

I think most people end up alone. I tend to have a lot of elderly friends (I’ve always liked older people) and all of them are either widows/widowers or their spouse has dementia. I know very few couples that are together and healthy in their 80’s and having kids is no guarantee either. So I think it’s best to cultivate some interests and make some strong friends and try and either build a support group or tie into one (there’s one where I live for the elderly with a minimal membership) and hope for the best.