Why the Dearth of Mini-Class C RVs???

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rats... Try this:

Attachments

• 2021_Sundowner_Trail_Blazer_1669_RV_DKPHiy.jpg
    2021_Sundowner_Trail_Blazer_1669_RV_DKPHiy.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 2021_Sundowner_Trail_Blazer_1669_RV_xN8ZRQ.jpg
    2021_Sundowner_Trail_Blazer_1669_RV_xN8ZRQ.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 2021_Sundowner_Trail_Blazer_1669_RV_0pM8QK.jpg
    2021_Sundowner_Trail_Blazer_1669_RV_0pM8QK.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 6
Pretty but too much hanging on the side waiting to get ripped off!

Isn't that "Da BOMB"... I suppose a really
handy type could do that for price of the trailer + 5k or so...

bullfrog said:
Pretty but too much hanging on the side waiting to get ripped off!

Party Pooper...

That's a lot of trailer for a single axle.

I kinda agree with bullfrog. stuff on the sides tends to get ripped off and cause significant damage.

Highdesertranger

DANG! Yet ANOTHER! Ya'll need to let a poor soul DREAM!

Cheers!

Oh that’s nice! Did you see used the Wells Fargo one posted the other day? It’s for sale in Lake Havasu now.

More like RAINING on my very small PARADE!.... :dodgy:

I'm still looking, thinking, pondering and wondering.  Funny how people say that too many want all the things they have at home in a small space.  I'm stuck with some sort of Alice in the Trailer version of that.  At home, all of my cooking in the past 3 years has been done in a rice cooker.   Only occasionally does it include rice.  I see trailers and RVs with 4 burners, oven and a micro wave.  I need a coffee machine and a rice cooker.  I see house size fridges with tiny freezers at the top.  I've already got one of those.  There is a large bottle of V8 juice and a dozen eggs in the fridge.  The freezer is stuffed with veggies, chicken and salmon.  TWO sinks?

So, the obvious solution is to do a self-build.  That would have been easy prior to September 2017. That's when I got hit in the head with a car.  The time and effort required to build and install a few things in my Kia Sportage was a collision with reality.  The thinking now is more toward a 20-24 foot motorhome that I can strip things out of a bit at a time.  The booth type table goes first.  Somewhere there is a used furniture store with a table, chair cabinet that would look better there.  

The kitchen has to shrink for sure.  One or 2 burners.  One sink.  A compressor freezer and a cooler.  The range with 4 burners and oven is gone.

When I finish with the doctors, lawyers, insurance companies and government departments I hope to have a cozy little cabin on wheels.  Wainscoting around the lower walls.  Framed photos I've taken across Canada on the walls.  A short piece of verandah railing that can be mounted about 2 feet outside the door.  I want to pull up to a river, lake or grassland, open the door, set up the railing, put my feet on it and watch the sun go down.

MG

That sounds lovely!

I'm not a fan of the booth tables either. If I ever get a van it's going to have a desk and chair next to the bed. With a shelf above for books.

I have a friend in North Idaho that built out an old, old school bus that some other friends used to own. It's been shown online so I'll post it here.

I love how he did his book 'shelves'.

https://smallerliving.org/2016/11/0...is-rustic-bus-conversions-open-plan-kitchen-/

I disagree that people wouldn't buy a small camper. I love the ones you see being sold in other countries. I have zero desire to drive around some huge beast. I don't want to have to park it. I don't want to have to pull a car with me to go somewhere. I don't want to rent a place to store it.

A slide in truck camper is a good alternative IMO. I considered it. I can see somewhere down the road doing just that also. In the meantime I found a 20 foot Nissan Odyssey that needs a bit of work but can be used now also. I thought about converting my Chevy City Express (NV200) but the wife didn't want to pee in a pot sitting in the middle of the van.

I also use a rice cooker for more than rice or pasta. I came by a carton of liquid eggs, going to try making an omelette.

I'm thinking seriously of removing the range/oven to convert the space for storage and more counter top.

Oh, but then how would I purge air from the gas line? The only reason that I ever light the burners. Darn. Maybe install a relief valve at the far end point, the unused refrigerator service connection. I use 12VDC compressor fridge/freezers.

The issue that I see with newer, shorter Class C's is lack of solar panel space up top. Very cluttered.

Truck campers have some appeal to me, because the vehicle and house are separate elements in single combined unit.

Problems with the camper, replace it. Problems with the vehicle, replace the vehicle.

Amen to the OP! Pleasure Way has a nice smaller one but the price is the cost of a house. They have a van called Tofino? But no toilet, shower or cooking facilities except I think one burner. And a fridge that holds some water. If they could put some basics in there and not charge $121,000 they’d have a best seller. I barely cook or eat and my car is better.