which one is better? cargo van vs school bus for IT guy

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabakusa

Reaction score
Hi
I am a computer guy and YouTuber and I need space to record my videos so I was thinking in getting high top sprinter extended or a school bus.
I have a prius now and living in it. It works great but no space to make my videos, usually I use a whiteboard 6x5 ft., also I need space to record myself and the tripod etc.
I would like to travel in winter time to the should like Florida or california to avoid snow and low temperatures.
I was asking for parking space in self storage units and usually they charge between $30 to $50 monthly, also because I visit customers few customers daily I drive between 100 and 200 miles daily, so using the bus it will be difficult to park and it will use a lot of GAS.
Also I know it is not permitted to sleep or live in a storage place so I was wondering if I can sleep in my car outside of the premises and in daytime work in the bus and go to customers.
Other idea will be to get a van and try to do everything with it.
any suggestions ?

Many storage places are behind locked gates, and don't allow people to linger, and/or stuffed to the gills in a barn. My parents store their Airstream trailer at the local fairgrounds where other trailers are withing 1' of their trailer on all 4 sides...you have to wait until March to move it out.

Any of those options is going to be much more expensive than what you are doing now which is what? You need a white background and room to setup a tripod? Get a canopy or tent and a sheet. Use a room at a library. There are tons of storage facilities that rent rooms or spaces you may find one that allows public access during certain hours each day. Buses and vans need insurance, registration and maintenance plus lots of fuel. I hope you are making lots of money on YouTube to pay for what you are thinking.

I have a 20 x 25 ministorage (7 units in bldg) with 24 hour access. 2 electric lights and 1 outlet. Good deal at $105 per month.

I had the table saw, router table and a work table set up all day today.

You normally don't find good deals with power and access from big name mini storage outfits, but good deals are out there.

thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking in going to a library too to make my videos. the downside is that I have a lot gear to produce the videos and unplugging and plugging everything back takes times and something things stop working and I have to troubleshoot them said:
Any of those options is going to be much more expensive than what you are doing now which is what?  You need a white background and room to setup a tripod?  Get a canopy or tent and a sheet.  Use a room at a library.  There are tons of storage facilities that rent rooms or spaces you may find one that allows public access during certain hours each day.  Buses and vans need insurance, registration and maintenance plus lots of fuel.  I hope you are making lots of money on YouTube to pay for what you are thinking.

Other options include towing a car behind a motorhome or bus, or a pickup with a 5th wheel or trailer. Many cities do not allow sleeping in vehicles other than at an RV park.

Latest posts