Where Do You Roam?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where Have You Roamed in the Past Year?

• N Northwest (W. Canada, Alaska)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Northwest (Wa, Ore, No/Central Caliiforna

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Southwest (So Cal, Ariz. New Mex

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Great Basin (Nevada, Utah, So Idaho)

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Rocky Mtns (Idaho, Mont. Wyo, Co, N. New Mexico)

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Midwest (N&S Dakota, Ka, Neb, Okl)

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Rust Belt (Ohio, Ind, Illin, Mich, Wi, Minn

• Southeast (FL, Al, Ga, Mi. La, Ark, S&N Carol, Tenn, Va)

• Northeast (Maine, Vermont, Pa down to N.Jersey)

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Mexico and Baja California

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cortttt

Reaction score
Trying to get an idea of where people go. 

If you live in the U.S. where have you roamed in the last year? (See the poll)

Here or there , but if I'm here I'll probably be on my way to there soon.

Mostly west of the Rockies. If I could afford to camp all the time along the Pacific Coast, that's where I'd prefer to be.

Since I have a full time job, I pretty much stay in South Dakota. When I take vacation time, I usually go to North Dakota to see friends up there.

VanGrrl57 :)

You didn't include the category - "Anywhere and everywhere I want".

By the time I got to Arizona this fall I'd driven in 14 states.

Yeah, yeah, I know, my forum name is 'Almost There' because I am not ever going to be 'there' cause there's always at least a dozen more places to explore!

Minnesota is not considered "Rust Belt". It is "Midwest". Not much heavy manufacturing in Minn. They mined the iron ore and sent it by ore carriers to steel plants and heavy manufacturers in Wisc, Ind. Ill, Mich, Ohio, Pennsy, and NY. Those are the Rust Belt states. Minnesota was technology way back when with Honeywell, Control Data, and Cray supercomputers.

You left out Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky, and West by God Virginia. There may be others in areas (New England) that I did not haunt in my previous lives. Iowa is flat, so no biggie. Kentucky and WV are worthwhile.

wayne49 said:
Minnesota is not considered "Rust Belt". It is "Midwest". Not much heavy manufacturing in Minn. They mined the iron ore and sent it by ore carriers to steel plants and heavy manufacturers in Wisc, Ind. Ill, Mich, Ohio, Pennsy, and NY. Those are the Rust Belt states. Minnesota was technology way back when with Honeywell, Control Data, and Cray supercomputers.

You left out Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky, and West by God Virginia. There may be others in areas (New England) that I did not haunt in my previous lives. Iowa is flat, so no biggie. Kentucky and WV are worthwhile.

Sorry to Iowans, Missourians, Kentuckians and West Virginian's - no insult intended! 

Given only 10 choices it was to get all the regions in there. I would have Altantic Seaboard, upper and lower Midwest, Appalachian states and probably some others if given the choice.

Latest posts