When a half baked plan works.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulRaven

Reaction score
I've been sweating how I was going to maintain my residence and stay within the Dallas VA system. When i found out my trailer was repaired it was time to actually get off the pot.

While looking for storage spaces for my trailer until  am ready to go, I found a newer RV park. Talked to the owner and went and looked at it this morning. It's new, very few trees but the lots are decently sized and a small lot including WIFI and electric is $350.00. I can store my mobility scooter for free in a secure area. On the lot there is room for my trailer, ATV and truck with a bit of room to spare. And it's in the Dallas region so no change of doctors. The only thing wrong with it is that it's only a couple of miles from my ex-wife. 

The owner accepted a deposit on the lot to hold it for me and I've prepaid for the storage. So now if my health holds up I can actually spend a few months at a time traveling. 

This may sound like small issues to some but for me this was a life, and money, saver. 

I hope to meet a few of you on the road..

cropped-001_2017-04-27_14715-Boyd-Rd_PRINT.jpg

Attachments

• cropped-001_2017-04-27_14715-Boyd-Rd_PRINT.jpg
    cropped-001_2017-04-27_14715-Boyd-Rd_PRINT.jpg
    468.9 KB
RobndaHood said:
The only thing wrong with it is that it's only a couple of miles from my ex-wife.

Grow  a beard.  Let your hair grow long.  She'll never recognize you.

Smart men keep ex wives as a friend. Makes life a heck of a lot less stressful!

"Keep you friends close and your enemies closer."

Dave

RobndaHood said:
lots are decently sized and a small lot including WIFI and electric is $350.00. I can store my mobility scooter for free in a secure area. On the lot there is room for my trailer, ATV and truck with a bit of room to spare.

Very nice sounds like you stepped into something workable for sure.

The beard is no problem, hair is a bit problematic. Some spots grow nicely others are barren. I took a shower this morning before I left and just put my cap on over the wet hair. I looked in the mirror after washing my hands, it looked like I stuck my finger in a 220volt socket. Buzzcut tonight.

Hey gunny, its really great to hear you are able to "get out there" and do some traveling!!!  SEMPER FI, my brother, glad to hear your health is hanging.in there!!    SAFE TRAVELS MY BROTHER.

Thank you Preach. Semper Fi to you too. I'm looking forward to meeting some of the group.

:D  WHOOPPEE!!  Next time I stand up I'm gonna do a happy dance just for you finding a place. 

If you were one of my Sister's and mentioned an "ex" I'd ask what # was that one :) .......now that I think about it I could ask my 94yr old aunt the same! :)

If you need shade maybe you could do a "rent-to-own carport if it's allowed and you wanted too that is. 

Jewellann

I'm looking at canvas tent type things if allowed, I forgot to ask. Hopefully I won't be there that much.

"When a half baked plan works."

Christopher Columbus was looking for India. Luck does occasionally figure into the equation. Sometimes it's even GOOD luck. Congrats!

Happy for you Rob! That sounds way better than where you're currently at. :)

Thanks Ballenxj, If I make it out of this place without anymore chats with the cops I'm gold.

Any MORE chats with the cops you mean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new address Gunny !
Away from those wacky doodle neighbors at last !!!! :rolleyes:

One was enough, although there is another asshole parked in the ramp access. I have to resist my urge do something stupid. Funny, it's a Cadillac again, only white. Funny strange, not funny ha ha

But NOW your home is on wheels and you can just turn a key to move!!

Rob - are you going to take advantage of the free gyms on all the military bases?
I have seen some bases that have RV slots for $10/night too :eek:)

I haven't used a one yet, I do want to go to the campground at Camp Pendleton. Haven't tried any gyms yet.

Latest posts