What would you pay for a dozen eggs?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now THAT'S funny , I don't care who you are !

Was it a true story ?
I'd normally assume it was just a joke but I've known farmers that might just do such a thing !!!!!!

rvpopeye said:
Now THAT'S funny , I don't care who you are !

Was it a true story ?
I'd normally assume it was just a joke but I've known farmers that might just do such a thing !!!!!!

Sorry, no. The way I heard the joke it was a feed salesman asking the farmer about the pig.It saved the life of his son from snakes, it saved the life of the daughter from a barn fire, How did it get the wooden leg? .....

DannyB1954 said:
Sorry, no. The way I heard the joke it was a feed salesman asking the farmer about the pig.It saved the life of his son from snakes, it saved the life of the daughter from a barn fire, How did it get the wooden leg? .....

No no ah no, Danny. You posted a joke. Mine is a true story from my youth. The farmer is long gone, but the neighborhood still has many descendants farming smaller plots. One still raises pigs. They are not champions, but mere mortal pigs with their normal life span. Bacon, a lifetime commitment for a pig. Eggs, a day job for a chicken.