What was the first thing you smoked on your pellet grill?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianlongk

Reaction score
I'm going to be getting my first pellet grill either tomorrow or Saturday. I have never smoked anything and it has been years since I even used any kind of grill for something as simple as burgers. I've been trying to decide what I want to try first on it.

What was the first thing you cooked on your pellet grill?

I've done a lot of cooking in my time. Although I don't have a "pellet grill/smoker", I use pellets in a cold smoker tray I built to smoke cheese.

I put this site together to help people who are new to this stuff. Spend some time in it as it is "big" and it will get you off to a good start. (it is free to anyone wanting to use it)

Grill Master eDJ

All the best !

My dad smoked salmon in an old fridge with a hotplate, cast iron skillet & apple wood chips. Had a flue on top he could open & close. Made great fish.

I've done a lot of cooking in my time. Although I don't have a "pellet grill/smoker", I use pellets in a cold smoker tray I built to smoke cheese.

I put this site together to help people who are new to this stuff. Spend some time in it as it is "big" and it will get you off to a good start. (it is free to anyone wanting to use it)

Grill Master eDJ

All the best !
Thanks for your suggestions.

I had a "BBQ pit" at the Stix&Brix for 20 yrs..........I used to post to a HUGE forum "The Smoke Ring".....alas the domain is gone !

Here's a newer version of a similar forum.............."Fear the Pig"

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27
For your "First" try Chicken......whole or parts......It's cheap and fast and the fat content makes the smoke so good !

Then work on the bigger cuts of meat that take TIME and Smoke.....Brisket and Butt

Don't forget the veggies and snacks................Like it HOT ?......Peppers with cheese....bacon........

Need MILD ?...........cut tomatos in half and drain a bit......smoke them with a slice of your favorite cheese............I had a big garden.................Eggplant...........Artichoke........ONIONS...........Drizzle a little oil............... YUM!

And even Ground Beef...........

Last edited: