Roll around kitchen

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity, what is considered the highlands in Mexico? Google has different highlands listed all over and the only ones I'm familiar with are near Toluca... but not sure if that's considered highlands or just high altitude...
Try looking for the plateau of Mexico. Down below the state of Chihuahua in the central area of Mexico is an elevated plateau. That's where most of the cities are because the weather is mild year around.
Unfortunately..... that's where most of the cities are....which also means that's where most of the manufacturing and pollution is as well. That's the big difficulty for me. I am very sensitive to air pollution.
When I first moved to Mexico I lived in a beautiful little mountain village. They grow sugar cane and coffee. Turns out they burn off the cane fields before harvest. Looked like black snow with all the ash. The air was unbreathable. I get a headache within 30 minutes of most big towns.
The US thinks they really cleaned up the environment with all the EPA regulations. We didn't. Manufacturers just moved their operations to Mexico where there are no regulations.

US Corporations also moved manufacturing to China for the same reasons, especially for electronics with rare earth elements. US Corps then have a Green footprint.

At the same time removing productive jobs from inside America, then supplying Oxycontin to numb the pain.

And added plus is that USA maintains that China is Global Enemy #1, and spends billions annually in military spending to defend against its major trading partner.