What made you happy today?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
our warm propane fireplace throwing great heat. brrr outside. hate it but good day with fire blazing inside

Woo hoo---happened to spot a Peregrine Falcon perched on a building in downtown Austin TX today:

46030044472_5e459291e2_c.jpg

Not the largest raptor by far, but magnificent birds. I am always happy to see one.

:)

A simple chore... Ahh fresh & Clean laundry!
Can't neglect it forever...I tried :D  

And a bonus...a photo of beautiful Peregrine Falcon courtesy of Lenny, nice find!

My Surgeon, Cardiologists, Pulmonologist cleared me for travel , waiting on the wound Doctor to say the hole in my side is well enough that I don’t need nurses coming by anymore. That should be in the next week or two. So I’ve been getting class c ready to go. RTR here I come .

Lenny, that Peregrine is a nice find! I understand some of them set up and hunt the "urban canyons" of Austin, Houston, etc. Padre Island also.

Wild burros next to my camper waking me up at 3 am made me happy. Those bad-asses are LOUD.

Smitty716 said:
My Surgeon, Cardiologists, Pulmonologist cleared me for travel , waiting on the wound Doctor to say the hole in my side is well enough that I don’t need nurses coming by anymore. That should be in the next week or two. So I’ve been getting class c ready to go. RTR here I come .

That's HAPPY news, Smitty. Easy does it.

Dennis said:
Lenny, that Peregrine is a nice find!  I understand some of them set up and hunt the "urban canyons" of Austin, Houston, etc.  Padre Island also.

I've seen Peregrines in New York, Philadelphia, Nashville, Houston and now Austin.  :)

They like tall buildings downtown because it reminds them of the cliff faces they live on naturally.

Beautiful sunrise, full refrigerator and 75 degrees with sun shining in Western AZ. Great CW station for my listening pleasure

Made good strides in fabbing up tilting solar panel mounts. Getting panel in place opens the door for travel for me because it gets my panel off my bed. :)

Took the high road in offering olive branch with a young guy that's struggling pretty hard. My olive branch pouch doesn't have many more with his name on them despite how badly I want him to 'win'. I'm optimistic though.

Rebuilding my downstairs bathroom completely with new walls, floor, ceiling, insulation, fixtures, plumbing, and electrical (all good experience for a future van build). I have new floors, and the toilet installed. Last night I was working on firring strips mounted on old concrete block walls, and polystyrene insulation in between where none was present before.

I gives me a sense of satisfaction to see some real progress, but still a couple months of part time work (still work a regular job) to do on it.

I opened two gifts today..my eyes, to watch another beautiful sunrise & sunset.

Latest posts