WHAT KIND OF PERSON~~~

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GotSmart

Reaction score
What kind of person would steal a fourteen year old cat?

Today I drove my daughter to work.  The windows were down a couple inches, and Tigger was sitting on the dash as we went into the store. It was about 70*  He likes to sit in the window and sun himself.  About 20 minutes later I came out and went to do my next chore.  I drove for one minute, and realized that I could not see my road buddy.  

I went back and spent the next 5 hours looking all over the neighborhoods. It took the police 6 hours to show up to take a report.  (acccidents all over) 

With my family connections, (911 dispatch)  every place that might possibly be in contact with a missing cat was notified.  

After reviewing the surveliance footage, the police could only tell that he did not get out the drivers door.  :dodgy:  

I seriously want to thump someone.   :mad:

Attachments

• the boss.jpg
    the boss.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 17
  • tigger2.jpg
    tigger2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 14
That is really awful. I'm sorry for both you AND Tigger. I hope somehow he makes his way home.

I hope and pray you find your cat. If someone stole him that's about as low a human can get. Best of luck getting him home.

Rob

No, say it's not so. I feel for you and Tigger. I hope for a reunion. highdesertranger

Ohhhh NOOOO!

Oh, I so hope that Tigger is found. I can't imagine you without him!

Wow, this pisses me off. There are only a few type of people I dislike more than thieves, but an animal thief is even lower on the totem pole. I hope it was one of the annoying do'y do gooders who thought it was unacceptable to have an animal in a vehicle and that a rescue has him and he finds his way home to you.

Every Road Leads Home said:
Wow,  this pisses me off.  There are only a few type of people I dislike more than thieves, but an animal thief is even lower on the totem pole.  I hope it was one of the annoying do'y do gooders who thought it was unacceptable to have an animal in a vehicle and that a rescue has him and he finds his way home to you.

The local rescues all have pictures and descriptions.  

If it was a dumb gooder, they will feel stupid learning that the van has a vent fan and places for him to get cool.  15,000 miles of road trips, and he gets taken three miles from home. 

Missouri law states that FIRST they have to take every means to locate the owner befor entering a vehicle to rescue an animal in obvious distress.  The store was 50 feet away.  No other businesses within 200 yards.

I predict Tigger will EAT the person if he was stolen cuz only a RAT would do such a thing !

Some Dumb A$$ let your cat out? WOW, I'm really sorry to hear this. :(

Almost There said:
Ohhhh NOOOO!

Oh, I so hope that Tigger is found. I can't imagine you without him!

When you were here, I was without him.  He would not leave you alone.  ;)  He spent more than a week sitting on the box you left.  :heart:

He is such a lover.  

I hope who ever took him is feeding him canned food that gives him the stinky farts.  I will have him back tomorrow.   :dodgy:

I am so sorry this happened to you. I too suspect and hope it was some misguided person thinking they were doing good because they think that anytime an animal is in a vehicle, they are in distress. I've had it out with one of those types before when, on a road trip, I parked at a rest stop in the shade with the sunroof wide open for five minutes while I used the restroom. I tried to explain the physics of heat rising meant that the car more or less stayed the same temperature inside as outside. Had I not returned in a timely manner, I think she may have been considering stealing the dogs, They were microchipped though so if she had taken them to a shelter, they would have been scanned and returned.

Is your cat microchipped? if so, it will either be taken to a shelter and scanned or, if actually stolen, to the vet, It might be worthwhile to ask the local vets to scan any cats that meet the description of your cat. Best of luck. I hope for a safe and speedy return.

I'm so sorry, John. My money is on a do gooder.

PM me the pertinent information and I'll post on your local Facebook pages. They're hugely successful as the networks are huge.

Signs on the windows, in the future may help

"This vehicle is climate controlled for the comfort of my cat."
I even have a fake there instead that reads 68F, 24/7

Cindy.  That is already done.  Thanks for thinking and offering.

How would someone get it n your van to get the cat?  Wasn't it licked?  Are you sure it didn't leave on it's own accord?  Are you sure it's not in the van somewhere?  People need to take care od their animals and children, and not concern themselves with other people's animals, children, and fetuses.

I have no words...
But at least you'll have your road buddy back (the vent is also good against farts, I think)

I'm so sorry about your buddy, hopefully he'll be back with you asap!

I'd be lost without my travel buddies. I hope your cat is returned quickly.
What a terrible thing to have happen.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

check the humane society,shelters and peta in your area,it wouldnt be the first time a do gooder animal rights type stole a family pet

That is the lowest of the low!

Did the surveillance show anyone "passing" the van on the other side?

One more suggestion: contact the local news media and see if they will do a bit on him. A friend of mine had her dog disappear, and the local rag did an article. The perp's neighbor took a photo of the 'new' dog and took it to the newspaper. She got the dog back. Slow news days can be good for human-interest stories.

Would you mind saying what town this happened in?

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear about your cat!!
This is my worst fear of all, to come back to the rig one day and the cats being gone.
I hope he will find his way back home!

Have you posted on Straydar and all the FB pages!
I don't know where home is, but at least you seem to be somewhere where you are well connected as opposed to a city, where you know noone.

I managed to reunite a kittie with their owners in Wickenburg in February.
I was so happy I found him and even happier when I saw that they were so relieved.
I really hope you find him, he'll find you or somebody will get you guys back together!!!