WHAT KIND OF PERSON~~~

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my goodness, my heart sank when I started this thread! So glad there was a happy ending!! Welcome home, Tigger!

Great news! New toy is in order?

I pity the foo whoever tries to mess with my babies. Bad news bears:D

Txjaybird said:
I'm so happy for you both...How about posting some "Stolen Cat Escapes....We Know Who You Are!"  flyers?  I just hate that someone's sitting around thinking that what they did is OK.

Jewellann and Queenie

What I need to do is put a tag on the van.

This vehicle is climate controled via quiet solar.  
Any animal inside is more comfortable than you are. 
You can look, but do not touch. 

Signed, 
PAPA BEAR

GotSmart said:
What I need to do is put a tag on the van.
I was thinking along the lines of a sign that said SHUSH, don't wake my Python up as he becomes very agitated, and it didn't go well for the last person. :p

Oh my cat, best news of the day!!!!
So happy for you and Tigger!
I came to the forum today to specifically check on the status of this subject!!!

And YES on the note regarding the climate control.

And extra treats for Tigger too!!!!

WHEW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see why anyone would steal an old cat, people will pay you to adopt their old cat.  I suspect the cat was just trying to find it's way home.  Cats of course are territorial.  Which is why its important to lock your vehicle with the windows cracked not enough for the cat to get out.

HarmonicaBruce said:
I don't see why anyone would steal an old cat, people will pay you to adopt their old cat.  
I'm betting that as others here have already mentioned, some do gooders let the cat out thinking they were doing the cat a favor.
This is why it is so important to understand the whole situation before doing something stupid like that.
Too many people now days do stuff without thinking about the repercussions.

What wonderful news! You've really cheered me up!

"Too many people now days do stuff without thinking about the repercussions. "

ISN'T THAT THE TRUTH!

HarmonicaBruce said:
I don't see why anyone would steal an old cat, people will pay you to adopt their old cat.  I suspect the cat was just trying to find it's way home.  Cats of course are territorial.  Which is why its important to lock your vehicle with the windows cracked not enough for the cat to get out.

It seems there is a pack of kids that will hit that parking lot opening car doors looking for change.   :dodgy:

I found him less than a block away.  He is limping so something happened.  He will not leave my lap.  

I would leave the doors unlocked so if something happened, he could be taken out. No more.

SUCH good news! You know we were all praying for this...

Now... can you move that limb that he's limping on? I'm sure you checked him all out for stings or bites or broken bones..... a limp could be a simple thorn in the paw or could be that he fell and hurt his back.... heat/warmth (your lap?) and even a little prenisolone to ease any swelling in the meantime....

God loves all animals! We'll have them in heaven with us! He had Adam name each one, did you know?

Tears of joy for you and your kitty.

It would be nice if you could leave the door unlocked for a reason like that, but some members of our society can't be trusted. If he isn't putting the paw on the ground at all, it may be broken, but if he's just limping, it isn't as likely.

He is lucky to be here at all.  When he was a little bobblehead, an ex SIL 350 lbs sat on him.  Then a couple months later, the (soon to be ) ex #3 ran him over.  Broke his pelvis in three places. 

Ever since then he has tried to stick close to me.  This ginger cat has chosen me as his human.  Given me advice, and has been there for me.  

He even has forgiven me for not making the snow go away immediately. 

Leaving him behind is not an option.

Attachments

• IM000054a.JPG
    IM000054a.JPG
    900.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0327.jpg
    IMAG0327.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMAG0233.jpg
    IMAG0233.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 2
Ever since you made this thread i've been locking my truck when I leave my dog Camo in there. I used to leave it unlocked thinking the same thing, if there was an emergency someone could let him out and that nobody would try and steal an 85lb dog they don't know, but with all the do gooders and morons out there, it's not worth the risk. Plus I rarely leave him in there for more than 10 or 15 minutes anyways and when I have to leave him longer than that I'll go out and check on him if possible.

You get attached to these animals quick. I adopted him just over a year ago and there hasn't been a single day since he's not been with me.

Glad your story had a happy ending and hopefully that limp heals quickly. Those kids need a good smack upside the head if they are the culprits. Actually two, one for taking stuff from people's cars and two for letting your cat out.

Glad you got him back, I saw a Prius at my store one day with 3 signs explaining about the standby mode and AC, thought that was a good idea
Lock the doors, if it's a real emergency someone may break the window, and most casual pet relesers won't
Stoopid farkin people

Forgave you for not making the snow go away immediately !
Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh kuh