What is outside your door?? *pictures*

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, Mr BadBoy from Sturgis, Shirley you didn't terrorize and panic the cows with your drone shenanigans!

Much of national forest land is used for cattle grazing. Which reminds me, once I had driven up into the mountains a ways south of where you apparently are, and was hiking on the trail along the ridge. Here: 34.702160, -106.401718. Down in a gully I happened upon 3 of the largest bulls I have ever seen. One of them circled around me, while I kept a tree between him and me. Then I very slowly walked away. When I went back to the jeep, I scrambled through the bramble bushes high up on the ridge. There is more than garbage in the forest. Seen any bull lately?

The beach!  :)

China Rock.  Pebble Beach, Ca.

Attachments

• IMG_2563.jpg
    IMG_2563.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2564.jpg
    IMG_2564.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 29
Doesn't want to let me upload.
5bcbd2685d2e2a08650ef7e07dc6c6f1.jpg

www.DirtTrackTravelers.com

hey great to hear from you Low Tech. I have been wonder where you where. highdesertranger

Mono Craters during last nights storm. What a view!
4145de43369cd8810b45c1678565fec8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blanch, you've been in there for quite a while now. Have you had any trouble with the rangers trying to shoo you away?

QinReno said:
Blanch, you've been in there for quite a while now. Have you had any trouble with the rangers trying to shoo you away?

I spend every summer here. Never seen a single ranger. My camp is a TT and truck with a group of chairs. It always looks like a middle class family on vacation. That is my camouflage. I’ve never been bothered or even spoke to.

Blanch said:
I spend every summer here. Never seen a single ranger. My camp is a TT and truck with a group of chairs. It always looks like a middle class family on vacation. That is my camouflage. I’ve never been bothered or even spoke to.

So many places mentioned I am lost at which place you're talking about...Bend, OR?

A Savage Adventure said:
So many places mentioned I am lost at which place you're talking about...Bend, OR?

Eastern Sierras HWY 395 corridor.
California.

A Savage Adventure said:
Okay, so you're staying south even in the summer. What's the average temps there?

High 70’s to low 80’s daytime. 50’s at night. Lots to do and on hot days you just daytrip to higher elevations.

Yosemite
Mono Lake
June Lake
Mammoth Lakes

all a short distance away.

California to me is a southern state. I lived in NorCal for 12 years in the Sacramento Valley area. But the temperatures there in the summer were between 90-115 so I wouldn't have considered going back there in the summer. That's why I asked about the temperatures where Blanch was.

By the way, thanks, Blanch!

You are welcome. I am camped at about 8,000 ft. The weather here is lovely.

Hey all, I don't check in and post nearly as much as I used to. But I'm still around and keeping in touch with many of the tribe. We just had a small impromptu gathering at my place this afternoon. It was good to catch up with old friends and hear about their travels. 

iPhone-2018.08.05-16.04.48.678 copy.jpg

Attachments

• iPhone-2018.08.05-16.04.48.678 copy.jpg
    iPhone-2018.08.05-16.04.48.678 copy.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 34