What does everybody do for a living??

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skilled in vehicle maintenance and repair, experience in wastewater plant operations, maintenance and repair, OTR truck driver, bus driver.

You asked.

CaravanCaravan said:
Lenny,
I'm a pretty decent technical writer. I once edited a friends PhD thesis from a C to an A paper. How would I go about getting a gig like you have?

I got it through freelance writing. Alas, it is not an easy field to get into. Get bylines. Lots of them.

I am employed at a local plastic molding company. been there since 2//14/18 Love the job as it's not hard (Most times) supervisor is a direct and friendly. Fair to good medical bennies and some vacation time and other bonuses (On time attendance $50 and per hour bonus for every hour worked depending on how much waste we had and returns....This time it's 43 cents an hour and I had 640 hours in 3 months)

deadwood said:
I'm a flight attendant. Currently sitting in my hotel in Venice Italy while enjoying unlimited internet and the opportunity to take the longest hot shower I can endure. I'm in hotels more then I am in the van. And when I get extra days off I typically go on a short road trip to explore my area or I jump on a plane and go visit one of my kids.

I think in September I spent about 8 or 9 nights in the van the whole month. Van life works perfectly for my job. I don't see paying good money for a place I would rarely be at. One of the girls I just flew with said she spent 5 nights in her apartment in Minneapolis last month. Her rent is $1500 a month. Yikes!!!! That's a lot of money for a place you don't go to.
I see your in venice. Did you get caught in that bad weather that flooded everything?

deadwood said:
I'm a flight attendant. Currently sitting in my hotel in Venice Italy while enjoying unlimited internet and the opportunity to take the longest hot shower I can endure. I'm in hotels more then I am in the van. And when I get extra days off I typically go on a short road trip to explore my area or I jump on a plane and go visit one of my kids.

I think in September I spent about 8 or 9 nights in the van the whole month. Van life works perfectly for my job. I don't see paying good money for a place I would rarely be at. One of the girls I just flew with said she spent 5 nights in her apartment in Minneapolis last month. Her rent is $1500 a month. Yikes!!!! That's a lot of money for a place you don't go to.

Sounds like an ideal job.  (I spent October in Taiwan; it was wonderful.  I've been to Italy a few times but never to Venice; a German friend used to spend vacations near Venice and loved it.)  Do you have one van that you keep in the city where you are based or do you have more than one van?