What did you name your van?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I originally called my gmc 3500 cube van "Elsie", but it didn't seem to stick, everyone called it Big Red.

When people ask what it is , I tell them it's my "ZAMBOT"
Zombie Apocalypse Mobile Bug-Out Transporter

I haven't really named my van but if I did it probably would be Grey Ghost since about 3/4 of it's surface is covered with grey primer.

Sweet Lorraine, my gf middle name and The most magnificent girl you could ever meet. Words cannot describe her stunning beauty. She's hilarious and tells you like it is. Probably gives amazing hugs. Has great taste in music and movies. Loves coffee. She likes to win and never loses and she's always right too. A total ninja. And the best person in the world, hands down. (urban dictionary)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I don't find reference to Sweet Lorraine in the online urban dictionary. Can you clarify?

Le Casa...Spanish for home.
Got her down south.
Was going to name her Phoenix or Pinky but La Casa fit best?

What great names. My ideas for a name project my dreams on a yet-to-be-acquired van. But you all have realized what I did not, that each home on wheels has its own quirks and personality.
Thank you
Vesper

slow2day said:
I don't find reference to Sweet Lorraine in the online urban dictionary. Can you clarify?
its just Lorraine, in urban dictionary

Mulligan.

He (yes, it's a he) is the second try at getting the van I wanted: the first one didn't come in as ordered, so I needed a "mulligan" (golfing term for do-over).

And our travels go into "mulligan stew".

Mines an RV. I didn't know people named them. I was thinking 747 then Phoenix where I got her and then Pinky due to the maroonish/pinkish carpet and then I was asked what the Spanish word is for Home and so decided to call her La Casa!
Now she's stuck with me!?

Everything should be named either "Steve" or "Dave" for simplicity. I named my van Dave then swapped it for Chief Dave in honor of The Chief in Squamish (it's a silver van)... Kinda' silly, let's see if it sticks.

veganmann said:
Sweet Lorraine, my gf middle name and The most magnificent girl you could ever meet. Words cannot describe her stunning beauty. She's hilarious and tells you like it is. Probably gives amazing hugs. Has great taste in music and movies. Loves coffee. She likes to win and never loses and she's always right too. A total ninja. And the best person in the world, hands down. (urban dictionary)

Miles Davis.  Sweet Lorane.

Here is the great Louis Armstrong~~~

[font=Verdana, Arial][font=Verdana, Arial]Nat King Cole Lyrics[/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial]"Sweet Lorraine"[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial](originally by Rudy Vallee)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial]Just found joy
I'm as happy as a baby boy, baby boy
With another brand new choo-choo choy
When I met my sweet Lorraine, Lorraine, Lorraine.

A pair of eyes 
That are brighter than the summer sky
When you see them, you'll realize
Why I love my sweet Lorraine.

Now when it's rainin',
I don't miss the sun
Because it's in my baby's smile, whoa ho
And to think that I'm the lucky one 
That will lead her down the aisle, whoa ho ho

Each night I pray
That no one will steal her heart away
I can't wait until that lucky day
When I marry sweet Lorraine.

Now when it's rainin' 
I don't miss the sun 
Because it's in my baby's smile, whoa ho
And to think that I'm the lucky one
That will lead her down the aisle, whoa ho ho

Each night I pray 
That no one will steal her heart away
I can't wait until that lucky day
When I marry sweet Lorraine.[/font]

My kids named my van Walter, the grumpy old van.

1969 318 with no smog pump, duel exhaust and Cherry Bomb mufflers in a 1991 short body.  

It rumbles and grumbles.  Even the LEO's smile when they hear it.  Pure American iron... :cool:

Attachments

• Walter.jpg
    Walter.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 3