Funny prompt! - Come up with a fake company name/decal that makes people not want what is inside the van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsnz

Reaction score
So this is mostly a for-fun idea I had. I was thinking about ways to be more stealthy and deter people from even being interested in the van in the first place. I was trying to think of what professions/trades would appear to deal with the least value in terms of tools/things that would be stored in a cargo van. Also, things that could be seen as not only not valuable, but toxic or harmful. That way, I could get a template/and spray paint a decal for a fake company on the sides of my van that make it look less valuable/under the radar. Here are some

• "Ed's biohazard cleaning services"
  • "Rusty's piano junking"
  • "Dirt movers LLC"
  • "Rabid wildlife relocation"
  • "Jeb's stink remediation"
  • "Oily metal recycling"
  • "Wood stain and old paint recycling"
  • "Topsoil decontamination inc"

Let me know if you have some good/funny ones.

I like the idea, but -

Many states have strict rules about what must be included in a business sign on a vehicle. Often include a business tax number or similar business ID. So be careful if you do this.
Oh thanks for the awareness! I had no idea

“Diaper Laundry Service”

I do not know anyone who would want to have anything to do with wanting going inside of such a van.

Last edited:
Of course some slogans work in cities but would look completely out of place in a dispersed camping area where everyone immediately realizes it is meant to disguise the fact that there are valuables inside.

Crime Scene Cleaning is also a real thing.
Indeed...

iu

Lots of things are real things. But dirty diapers are a very common yuck factor many people have had a direct relationship with 🤮

But thieves who target vans as an income source usually end up very quickly stripping out components that are a very quick turnaround sale for cash. They do not want to deal with stolen VIN numbered van bodies or VIN stamped engines to pedal.

Last edited:
I like the idea, but -

Many states have strict rules about what must be included in a business sign on a vehicle. Often include a business tax number or similar business ID. So be careful if you do this.
Thanks for the 'heads-up'!
I am always one to follow the rules.
I am especially observant of strict rules.
Fact is, the stricter the rules, the happier I am.
And double thanks for the reminder to 'be careful'... without a reminder, I would probably forgetfully be uncareful...
“Diaper Laundry Service”

I do not know anyone who would want to have anything to do with wanting going inside of such a van.
I personally know people with a recreational interest in the contents.
I know, I know... I run with a weird crowd.
I hear that all the time...
"LADIES FOUNDATIONALS AND NOTIONS
*** Licensed, Insured, Bonded ***
*** Certified Compliant and Clinically Tested ***
*** Satisfaction Warranteed Since 1952 ***
*** references upon request ***"
That 'references' part leads the straights to believe references exist and can be made available in a timely fashion.
Sure.
I guess I left them in my other pants.
Give me your number, I'll get right back to you.
Oh, wait, I found them... here is just a tiny sampling:
* The best notions in six states -- Very Satisfied Customer
* My, such a selection -- Very Satisfied Buyer
* If only every mobile foundationals was this honest -- Very Trustable Reviewer.
So, you see, it can be done.

Last edited: