What are YOU listening to??

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is great. At least got some playlists from here. :)

Today's been an unlikely mix of Lizzo and Black Label Society. Unlikely but still fantastic. Zakk Wylde is a genious.

~angie

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

I had intended to listen to the informational and educational podcast called "Every Little Thing" but my voice assistant pulled up a surprise music podcast by the same name and I quite like it.

Ask Alexa to "Play Every Little Thing podcast," to get it on systems with Alexa. If you have a different system just look for the TuneIn app.
996cac469704c0f61105204d20dbf9dc.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I finally downloaded a Kindle to my IPad. I want to order a book but I'd like the option of listening to it. Is that possible? I can't find anything about that on my Kindle...

Thanks.

I have never tried a computer generated voice reading a written book. Someone here probably knows how to do it, just not me.

I download audiobooks from my library to listen to. I really like listening to them while driving. Makes the miles melt away.

Thanks. I just tried again. One sample I was able to hear but not another. May just depend on the Book.

The rain, the fan on Big Buddy, and the gurgling of my tummy. I also have a song silently playing in my head, my newest one; it’s called ‘Dreamer.’

Blessings!

Jesse.

"The Mountain", performed by Benjamin Tod of Lost Dog street band

Ben seems to be a true hobo lifestylist that has found an audience for his art. Viewing his work I'm reminded of Townes Van Zandt

I was pleased to see a few posts for trampled by turtles. Awesome group. Idk if I can post links yet but if you like trampled by turtles check out the steeldrivers. My favorite of theirs is sticks that made thunder. I believe it's on their self titled album but there are a couple of versions. It's the story of an old tree watching a battle of the civil war. I like it because it it doesnt take sides, as the tree is an impartial party. The tree simply cannot understand what's happening or why. "Then to my wonder were sticks that made thunder, and such a great number lay still."

Alan Watts - Everything Summed Up

Alan Wilson Watts (6 January 1915 – 16 November 1973) was a British-American philosopher who interpreted and popularised Eastern philosophy for a Western audience.

I was born in Muscle Shoals, AL, Jason's home, area and lived in Tupelo for a number of years. In fact, my beautiful daughter was born there.

SO...I love this tune

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit "Tupelo"

Not for the weak of heart

Strongest hard rock vocals I've heard in a while.

Small Town Titans - "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch"

My current anthem

Dylan Thomas reads "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

Rockers only.
Blast from the past for hippy dippy/head oriented folks. Moving Sidewalks was a big regional psychedelic band from Houston that later morphed into ZZ Top. Put on your best paisley bloused sleeve top and give this doobie a listen.

The Moving Sidewalks (pre ZZ Top) ~ ''Joe Blues''(Psychedelic Blues 1968)

Sticking with that mid 60's Houston, TX Psychedelia Rock theme, here's a single from a "Garage" band that was later known as the 13th Floor Elevators, in the late '60s, featuring Roky Erickson, who was basically the big talent of the band.

Roky was thought of as a genius in some circles but had difficulty in later years with lengthy hospitalizations. There's a documentary on his story.

I've bought and sold collectible records, off and on, for the past 20 yrs. I came across a mint, uplayed copy of this record in 1999 and sold it for $1500. Last I checked a few yrs ago they were about 5K. Just random info, lol.
This is A and B side

The Spades ‎– You're Gonna Miss Me / We Sell Soul