What are YOU listening to??

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 non Blondes covering Misty Mountain Hop
Foo Fighters -  Under Pressure (Live @ Cesena)
Garbage & The Screaming Females -  Because the Night

UFO -   'Lights Out'
Michael Hedges -  'Aerial Boundaries'
The Hellecasters -  'Orange Blossom Special'
Los Straitjackets -  'Pacifica'

Thick as a Brick, Jethro Tull, Remastered 1997. Haven't listened to this album in years. Ian Anderson is a musical genius!

hugemoth said:
Ian Anderson is a musical genius!

He absolutely is.  Ian Anderson is the reason my oldest daughter plays flute, her dad and I practically demanded it. lol

This is one of my favorites (amongst many others), it's sweet.

Up the Pool - Jethro Tull

But where is the flute? ?

Thick as a Brick seems quite relevant in our present political situation even though it came out in the early 70s. "My words but a whisper, your deafness a shout"

There is not always a flute :)

How about this one then?

My God

Edit: I will never forget the moment I heard my first Tull. It was my last year of jr high and a friend took me over to his house for lunch
and put on Benefit. I was hooked from that moment.

A long long time ago I went to Filmore West to see Jethro Tull. Just before the concert Bill Graham came out on stage and said "I'm sorry but Jethro Tull won't be playing tonight because Ian Anderson has laryngitis." Sighs came from the audience. Graham continued, "But in their place we have Janice Joplin and Big Brother and the Holding Company." Best concert I've ever attended but never did see Jethro Tull in concert.

Life is funny.  My mom dragged me to a small theater to see a concert.  Front row for the guitarist form another planet, Michael Hedges.  Didn't see that one coming.
I was going to school far north of San Fransisco, I walked down stairs to the common room and a class mate of mine asked me if I was busy. I wasn't. "Drive me to the Shoreline, I can get you in free to see Eric Clapton." Didn't expect that either.

hugemoth said:
never did see Jethro Tull in concert.

I saw them twice in Seattle.  Once in the early '90s and the Passion Play tour in 73.  I saw Jethro Tull and Led Zeppelin within two weeks of each other that month.