what are you doing while under lockdown?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RVTravel said:
Putting up with Visible slow service due to more people at home. At night I am about 300 KB/sec but by 10 AM it is slowing down and by the afternoon it can be useless for video at 20 KB/sec. My dialup modem in the 1990's was about 70 KB/sec for comparison.
The news covers sars-cov-2 frequently; you might be better off not having video.

If you can, watch videos of (or about) Andy Kaufman (& Tony Clifton). He was a comic genius.

Building a fence around the back yard to keep the dogs in.Tilling the garden preparing for corn,beans,squash,okra,tomatos etc.Sowed mustard seed and lettuce seed.Getting the boat ready for fishing when the weather warms a little more.Relaxing on the porch and enjoying the birds feeding at the feeders.Put the hummingbird feeders out.They should show up soon.Throwing a ball for the dogs to chase.Watching my serviceberry,redbud,apple and pear trees bloom.Of course,these are the things I would be doing anyway.Stay safe ,everyone.

maki: real men do not knit. lol

and my arthritis prohibits me from holding minute parts like toy models. but thx for the good tips! :)

I haven't loaded any ammo in a few months.Think I'll work up a couple of new loads for the 243.Maybe some reduced power loads for short yardage.I have to clean a couple of limbs off my shooting range and I'll be ready.Shoot low boys,they're riding Shetland ponies.

Cooking sap, about two gallons of maple syrup and almost a third. Also rebuilding and old truck camper. By fall I hope to be ready to hit the road for the winter. For now staying home... Minnesota has the stay at home order....my daughter is stuck with me for now. Haha. She’s a great help! We do putt around the lake to collect sap. But are pretty set at home.

Working my ass off! Every Tom Dick and Harry is now working from home and all of a sudden that old PC they let go in favor of there phones and tablets is a necessity. Frankly I never found those to be a replacement for the PC. but hey that's just me the PC doctor LOL.

Take care every one, my phone is ringing again.

Mike R

Perfecting the Art of doing absolutely Nothing! Just as I have for the last 10 years! Don't get me wrong I have projects I do and get stuff done. But, doing nothing I've found to be a valuable skill! The real art of practicing this skill is keeping others from giving you something to do on their list because they dont quite know how to do nothing! The person that knows how to do nothing and is quite content with doing nothing can make that experience quite negative for the person trying to find busy work for them. I have to admit that's quite fun too!

brahmon said:
maki:  real men do not knit.    lol

and my arthritis prohibits me from holding minute parts like toy models.  but thx for the good tips!  :)
How would you know that real men don't knit? Have you ever met one? lol

men knitting.JPG
Photo of "real men" knitting.  It was something that was done as a cottage industry and by necessity by both men and women. Those are the "real men".

Attachments

• men knitting.JPG
    men knitting.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 14
I can see doing it for income and out of necessity. I have seen some men that want to be women, they would probably enjoy it.

what are you doing while under lockdown?
I'm watching scenes from Dr. Strangelove.  Plan R and CRM114 and General Ripper and 1400 megatons and "the purity and essence of our natural fluids" and Slim Pickens were great.  However Peter Sellers made the movie.

Those who think real men don't knit don't remember the 6'5'' 300 lb Rosie Grier. He found it relaxing after a gruelling NFL game.;) If you think that Rosey was feminine - think again.

B and C said:
I can see doing it for income and out of necessity.  I have seen some men that want to be women, they would probably enjoy it.

Yeah, like this well-known man who was famous for wanting to be female. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosey_Grier

The article doesn't mention them, but he knitted and crocheted as well.

txmnjim said:
i cant find anything about Rosey Grier wanting to be female or
being homosexual. me thinks your making assumptions.
??????? 

The poster I was responding to said that a man who knits really wants to be female. I refuted that by pointing out that Rosey Grier, the picture of a he-man, enjoyed knitting as well as other fiber arts.

brahmon said:
i’m getting very bored.   my friends are all self-quarantined and i can only surf the net and watch tv for so long.  

any ideas would be helpful.
Recoated the roof on the rv.  Cleaned/prepped pool and deck for later.  Will wash/wax motorcycles and boat if it ever stops raining.  Trying to get up the motivation to paint the house.  Working on it.  Been binge watching Dexter with the wife.  Love that show...