We're all done.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I very briefly considered Velcro but decided against it pretty quick.
1) Velcro IMHO doesn't stick to rubber molding very well, that's what I would have had to stick it too. Instead I used the molding to hold the screen in place. Efficient and free.

2) I don't think I would have had to patience to deal with it. It's quick and easy to zip and unzip the screen as oppose to put pressure on a Velcro to close it tied. Hum, I don't really know how to explain what I mean clearly. Hope you know what I'm trying to say :s

3) KeepItSimpleS...or KISS is my all time motto and zipping is quick and easy!

4) Oh and I had the zippers but not the Velcro.

Nicole, thanks for the response on Velcro.

Some of us, including moi, find sewing intimidating, so not having to sew on zippers is appealing. :)

As to functionality, the only possible advantage I could see to Velcro is that it might be more hardy in absorbing the accidental bumps and jostling and falling objects without tearing the screen or its attachment points, as the Velcro would simply give way. But that's just speculation. And if I had sewing skills and a sewing machine, I think I'd go with the simple and complete seal of zippers, too.

Thoreau.

You will surprise yourself with all the things you will come up with while you do your build. There is nothing like having your nose to the grinding wheel to spark ideas. :D

It's fun to dream about what your rig will look like but a lot of that goes out the window once you're actually doing it, most of the time for better results.