WeBoost: Requesting opinions on installation and a technical question

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turnip4545

Reaction score
I am considering Weboost product like the one here
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08L9SG331/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
to keep in my van. I want the one with the trucker antenna to get maximum benefits of signal boosting.

However, I do not want the installation to be permanent; no drilling, no gluing. I was hoping to use the antenna
with a magnetic mount similar to this one 
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077HSPBBH/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A2V1J05CGJHIXH&psc=1
to throw it on the roof when needed yet which would be easily detached when I'm ready to move out. 

From my searches there are several different standards for connectors SMA, SMB, NMO. It's not clear to me if I'll be able
to attach the antenna in the first link to the magnetic mount in the second and place it on the roof. 
Can someone with more knowledge confirm if the above setup will work?

Additionally I have found the following review of the WeBoost which states in part
... My Samsung S20 on Sprint/T-Mobile connects on "bands" that are "not boostable". On my device I can dial ##debug# and then go to "LTE Engineering" and see the band (currently 71). The ONLY bands that are boostable, according to weBoost tech support, are 2, 4, 5, 12, 13, 17, 25. If your phone is not connecting on these bands this product WILL NOT WORK. 

I've checked my Tmobile/Galaxy Note 8 and it's operating on band 66. From further search 66 seems to be extension(whatever that means) of band 4. Can someone let me know if judging from the above I will receive a signal improvement from WeBoost.

Thank you all in advance.

I have the same booster and it works well where the signal is down to one bar. I made a simple homemade magnetic mount.

turnip4545 - It is more complicated than just connectors. You have to make sure the cables ohm's are the same. IIRC, RG-6 is 75 ohm and RG-58 is 50 ohm's. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Plus every time you add an adapter to change things, you lose signal strength.

Camper - Pictures can be posted here (it was in the tips and tricks section) This would help others in the future.

There shouldn't be any adapters. My plan is to have trucker's antenna attached to the magnetic mount but the wire from antenna would lead directly to the red amplifier box, same as the original unit? Basically the magnet mount will be physically attached to the antenna no electric connections.

^^^That is a good plan if you can find the adapters to mount the antenna to the base. This plan was unclear to start.

I have the truckers model. It was indeed confusing so I ended up calling the sales reps at Weboost and they gave me all the part numbers for the various adapters to hook one type of cable fitting to another. Easy issue to solve over the phone.