Upgrade your van for offroading through snow, mud, and sand (only $25,000.00)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosmickGold

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking for those plastic tracks used to get unstuck from the mud, when I ran across this astonishing thing.

Of course, it's WAY out of my price range (and where could I store it?)

But just for fun to see -- or for someone filthy rich -- I thought I should show you guys:

THROUGH THE SNOW

THROUGH SWAMP AND MUD PUDDLES

THROUGH DEEP DESERT SANDS

Then I purchased a couple of these (below), chosen because they roll up into a small package that will be easy to store away in my van.
tred board.jpg

Last edited:
This would be a little cheaper:

View attachment 32664

I did an images.google.com search on your picture and learned it's this 1970 CT90 Honda.
197013.jpg

I wasn't able to find anything about the "tank tread" rear end they put on it. But since it's a 1970 bike, I suspect that tred is both out of stock and out of production. I don't know how to find more info on it; but if you find a comparable, currently-available off-road contraption, it would be interesting to learn what the current technology is.

As for me, I want to be able to take my entire van with me, including everything in it. Can you imagine me trying to pull my van along behind this little engine. Even with those tractor treads on either side, I think the result would be little more than a loud roar followed by a blue-gray cloud of oily-smelling smoke. My van would just sit there watching, smiling and laughing. 🤣