Verizon Unlimited Data Plans

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hereandthere

Reaction score
We're in the process of getting an unlimited data plan (UDP) from Verizon. It's a bit complicated but it's going to cost us less than the other options, it seems. It involves taking over a UDP from someone else who has one.

I was about to sign us up for Millenicom when it stopped offering plans through Verizon. I have to admit to being an information junkie, and this time I think it's well justified. I joined a paid forum at http://www.rvmobileinternet.com/
run by a couple named Cherie and Chris... same people who have a site called Technomadia which I've seen mentioned here before. Here's an article on that site that describes what they are doing and describes the big picture.
http://www.technomadia.com/2014/10/october-mobile-internet-cellular-shake-up/

In a nutshell, I bought a smartphone on ebay as I didn't have one, then practically memorized Chris' members-only article on how to get an unlimited data plan with Verizon. I got a contract I could take over from a very helpful man on a private forum Chris had mentioned, paying $40. You can get the contracts free or for several hundred dollars. Then I did the main step this morning by calling Verizon and since the smartphone I bought didn't have a SIM, Verizon is fedexing me one. So by early next week I should be set up. Assuming it all goes as planned! It appears that our monthly costs for the unlimited data and more talking minutes than we're likely to use will run us about $70 a month plus tax.

Hope this helps someone... the unlimited plan could be changed by V at any time, so it's a gamble, but heck, life is a gamble anyway!

Don't forget Virgin Mobile. We don't "do" contract plans and Verizon left a bad taste after being with them for over a decade.

I'm deep into the Verizon process, but others may want to research this! Thanks.

Got my Verizon unlimited data plan. $81 a month including Colorado taxes. Hooray!

I did the same thing, tho I bought off of eBay at $26 for the contract transfer. I didn't sign up for any of Technomadia's forums. There is a downside here, you do not get unlimited calling or unlimited texting with the Verizon grandfathered unlimited data plan, if you need those, this may not be a solution for you.

Latest posts