Vendors/and stores in Quartzsite-RUDE PEOPLE

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Am I the only experiencing this? Everywhere I go, Wow,  they act like they doing u a favor. And u just a pain in the arss.

Never noticed it myself but maybe that's because I'm always smiling and friendly toward them first.

Keep in mind that anyone you see working in Quartzite is more than likely from somewhere else. Quartzite grows from a sleepy town of 300 in the summer to an area with +/- a quarter million snowbirds from Dec. to March. Those customer service people are largely hired on just for the season and the ones that are full-time year round are just dreading the 12 hour days with no days off from now until next spring.

I can’t remember any rude people not driving.

I don't recall it, Like Almost There said, I'm always friendly and smiling at most people when I go shopping, I think its my years in retail.

I can't imagine what its like to work in quartzite where it gets crazy busy, and there are many snowbirds, that I'm sure have money that possibly give them a certain attitude towards people and the workers probably dread it.

But I've always believed that if you're gonna have a job where you have to deal with people, your job is to be nice and treat people well, even if you have to bite your tongue, so I'm not making excuses for them.

I have never run into rude people. in fact my experience has been the opposite. highdesertranger

Yeah, rude people run into me too. Can't control circumstances, only how you handle them. (Not in the afore mentioned locale though, as I've yet to be there).

I've encountered tired people. I've encountered people anxious they won't make enough money this season. I've encountered people who wished they had fewer lookie-loos and more buyers. I've encountered fast food shift managers who were upset with the crew and didn't have a smile for customers who'd been in line for several minutes but still didn't know what they wanted. I've encountered clerks who were slow and a little confused because they hadn't worked retail or food service in decades, if ever, but as senior citizens discovered they needed the money. I've encountered people fed up with travelers coming off the Interstate and expecting instantaneous service at jammed convenience stores/truck stops. I've encountered people fed up with pan handlers. In other words, I've encountered the same kinds of less-than-Disney-bubbly-happy people you meet everywhere else.

Only place I've heard of a nude guy running a book store!

Oh is that in qsite? I read about him. Sorry I missed it