van conversion book

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rokguy

Reaction score
<EM><STRONG><SPAN style="COLOR: #888888">Was perusing a big city book store today and came across this imported book from the U.K. <BR>I don't know if any of you guys have seen it or can get it (library??) but it's one of the best information, conversion books I've seen.<BR>Lots and lots of step by step fitout pictures. Great for anyone new to this stuff.</SPAN></STRONG></EM><BR><EM><STRONG><SPAN style="COLOR: #888888">Easily adaptable to U.S and Oz cargo vans.</SPAN></STRONG></EM><BR><EM><STRONG><SPAN style="COLOR: #888888">Was trying to take some more pics of the inside but the shop assistant was not to pleased. Heres the covers anyway.</SPAN></STRONG></EM><BR><EM><STRONG><SPAN style="COLOR: #888888">Geoff</SPAN></STRONG></EM>

Less than $1000 for a good, solid setup is a complete, and probably deliberate underestimation on their part to sell the book a little better.&nbsp; I totally agree.&nbsp; It will cost AT LEAST $4000, in the longer run, to get a solid, full setup going.&nbsp; Even more if the mechanicals need real work.<br><br>BUT...<br><br><strong>GOOD LOOKING ON THAT BOOK ROKGUY!</strong><br><br>I have found neat information on UK 'vardos' before...some of it in book format.&nbsp; Vardos are the romani "gypsy wagons" we all have seen.<br><br>There is very little information on converting vans, even on the internet.&nbsp; <br>All of the sites out there, pretty much link back to, and revolve around cheaprvliving and its subsidiary books/sites.<br><br>Given the amount of work required in the cottage industry of Van Upfittin, I figured there would be a whole lot more out there...I suppose most of it is trade secrets, though.<br><br>Thank you for the linkage!<br><br>