Van Builder from the Central Coast of California!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigitalNomad

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a first-time van conversion newbie from the Central Coast of California. If anyone is between San Francisco and Los Angeles, message me if you want to meet up and discuss ideas! I'm still in the research phase, but will be looking to build out my van conversion (Sprinter or other high-roof model) sometime in 2018. I'm about 6'2", so the extra space will be great. Thanks in advance for all the helpful people here and the helpful youtube videos that have been posted online!

Hi and welcome from another Newbie here, DigitalNomad.

I have a sprinter -2007 Leisure Travel Van- "Free Spirit" model.  It came "as is" and is my first learner Van.  

Now that I've had it awhile and found CRVL and watched a ton of YouTube videos, I am seriously considering switching it out and finding a box truck to convert.  6'2" would be a bit too much for my Sprinter.  Have you checked out the idea of putting on a High Top yourself or having someone do it for you?  I've been keeping that open as an option for me, depending on what vehicle I find.

Anyway, maybe you can get some inspiration from the RTR!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for yourself.

Be all Ways, Kindly!
Candy

Welcome to the CRVL forums DigitalNomad! Try to make it to the RTR in January. You'll meet a lot of people and get a chance to see how everyone has built out and modified their vans and RVs.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.