Unwelcome Greeting

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to post something wise and heart-warming But then I realized that I was a man and, according to some here, am therefore inherently untrustworthy, bad mannered, etc.   :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

I just posted a video that is relevant to this topic.  It is about having boundaries and respecting people's privacy especially for female van dwellers.  While I don't agree with what the woman did, especially since she was outside, sitting at a campfire and was given plenty of room, I do understand the fear.  As already very well articulated, women deal with unwanted attention ALL THE TIME not just while on the road.  

A man approached my vehicle while the window covers were up which is a signal NOT TO APPROACH and to give privacy.  I have since talked with the man and he apologized, but I just talked with the camp host and he says that the man doesn't understand boundaries, so apparently, this has happened before.

I'm also getting tired of people letting their dogs pee and poop right on my campsite when they think I am not at home.  Can't wait to leave.

Here is the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.