unlimited T-mobile LTE for $35 a month

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AZClaimjumper said:
Keep us updated on your test results.  I'm surprised you seem to like this in preference to the Verizon 4620L

EvDo (Verizon 3G) is quite slow. LTE with strong signal can be extremely fast. HD Netflix, online gaming, etc works great over LTE. I have even done both at the same time, while downloading another game with no issues. I have unlimited LTE on AT&T for $30 and use the   $5 unlimited 3G Verizon hotspot only when there's no AT&T signal.

I won't be testing it as I already have a TMO LTE device with enough data monthly to cover us should we become stuck in a area with only TMO service. (does that exist?) I'd consider it if I didn't have that device or if I had better coverage at the house. I am here in lower Michigan for a funeral and the TMO speeds are 17 down and 10 up, I haven't used any of the other devices except to test them due to how well the T-Mobile has been.

I don't prefer any of the services except the one that connects the fastest where I am at for the moment. I have LTE I have LTE on Sprint, TMO, and Cricket. (AT&T) I also have AT&T HSPA and Verizon 3G for when the others fail to connect. Sans the Cricket I spend $35 a month for more data than I can use on the rest.

There is a person on the RV.net thread that has purchased a TMO device. I am waiting to see how he does with it.

jimindenver said:
There is a person on the RV.net thread that has purchased a TMO device. I am waiting to see how he does with it.

Jim, please report back with the results.....and possibly the location(s) of the test.
Thanks................KinA

Lost in the world said:
EvDo (Verizon 3G) is quite slow. LTE with strong signal can be extremely fast. HD Netflix, online gaming, etc works great over LTE. I have even done both at the same time, while downloading another game with no issues. I have unlimited LTE on AT&T for $30 and use the   $5 unlimited 3G Verizon hotspot only when there's no AT&T signal.

link please?
cricket unlimited plans are $70 a month out here and it takes about 3 minutes just to load a standard webpage... if it works

A few on RV.net have got the TMO devices and seem happy. One reported a speed test on over 5 Mbps near DC but speed is so location dependent. The LTE is almost unusable at my house, ripping fast at my sisters. It does verify that the service is working.

T-Mobile had less coverage out in the boonies.

I have a really nice Promotional Value plan with AT&T, we NEVER use all the data but didn't want to take the chance when I'm on the road for long periods of time. I'm moving my tablet over to T-Mobile, cost is almost a wash, and I'll gain a backup device instead of having all my eggs in the one basket. We'll see how it turns out.

Hi Jim,

I wanted to see if you tried the T-Mobile device. I have something very similar and hit an issue with it. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced something similar.

My T-Mobile device is through 4gas, not Mobile solutions. The only issues I have are congested towers and prioritization during rush hour.

Oh I see. With 4gas, did you add the PLUS uption for unlimited Hotspot data? Do you know what kind of speeds you get during off hour and peak times?

By the way, for anyone else who comes across this post. I am fairly certain that the unlimited Tmobile being sold by Mobile Solutions (as well as ebay) is a bad option. It looks like they are using ATT (or modified hotspots) with a simple mobile $60 unlimited sim card. The $60 plan does NOT support tethering, but by using ATT (or Modified) hotspots SimpleMobile can and will flag your account. For me, The device I was sent was an ATT Mifi Liberate and I was flagged within the first 10 days.

hmmm

I wondered how that worked, I would think his Verizon LTE unlimited works somewhat the same. I am sorry to hear that. What did he have to say for it?

My 4gas hotspot is only 5 gigs and binge on.

jimindenver said:
My T-Mobile device is through 4gas, not Mobile solutions. The only issues I have are congested towers and prioritization during rush hour.

jimindenver said:
hmmm

I wondered how that worked, I would think his Verizon LTE unlimited works somewhat the same. I am sorry to hear that. What did he have to say for it?

It looks like 4GAS only provides internet to businesses, requiring a business license or Federal EIN as proof. What did you have to do to satisfy that requirement?

To Clarify, I did not buy my device through vzwmifi.com, I bought mine through ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/TMOBILE-HOT...RNETMiFi-5792-4G-LTE-60-Monthly-/111823927220), but both my seller and mobile solutions are authorized SimpleMobile authorized dealers, so it's not hard to figure out they are offering the same thing.

When my internet service went out, I called my seller who called SimpleMobile on my behalf. He kinda kept tight on the information, but he did say that they had flagged my account for tethering. He had gotten them to change my devices number and he paid to activate the new number.  He mentioned that I shouldn't use so much data (I had used about 100gb, good ol' windows 10 updates) which irked me as the device was sold as unlimited with no throttling along with no mention of some shady practices that are actually against the providers TOS.  So now I am trying to find a legitimate alternative....

4gas asked me to provide them with a business name with the understanding that were they to ever request the info on my corporation that I would provide it. It doesn't take much to qualify as a business.

jimindenver said:
hmmm

I do not have a hot spot, but my STRAIGHT TALK account (via verizon towers and Iphone 5 on 4G speed) gives me 5 Gigs per month for $40 (prepaid a whole year for $480).  The Iphone can use CHROMECAST to stream a video, but that would burn up my data too fast.  

Looking at the 4GS web site https://4gantennashop.com/coverage   am only seeing the Tmobile hotspot for $45 per month unlimited data.  Is there a 5 gigs version of plan on 4GS still available?

Just found that TOTAL WIRELESS is offering the same deal for $35 a month as STRAIGHT TALK for 5Gigs data, and $10 more for total of 8Gigs of data on TOTAL WIRELESS. So would need to check if this could work with ROAMING outside my local area on VERIZON cell towers.

https://www.totalwireless.com/wps/portal/home

The goal is to stay on Verizon towers, and get as much high speed 4G data as possible for my money, all with a clear account that is not in any grey area potential to be canceled.

GS

You have to look for where it is on that site, some times either they are not running or I just don't see it.

https://4gantennashop.com/5gbplan

Make sure you lock your video to 480p or less and it's unlimited if it is on their Binge on list. Certain music like Pandora and iheart are unlimited too.

Even if you burn through you high speed, it doesn't shut off. It has unlimited 2G that averages 256k. Mine was on 2G after a computer updated 10 days into my month. It's actually usable. You tube takes a bit but Pandora works fine.

It says it works with hotspots like the ZTE z917, z915, etc. I don't know if it's bring your own device, I got mine from them. What ever you use I would strongly suggest that you get a device that has band 12. That is more important than anything else on T-Mobile as it is their long range band. I have the Z915 and not only gets band 12, it can be used on any network after you use it on 4gas. I had a different hotspot that didn't get 12, They sent me the z915 and said try them both for a week or so, send one back.

When I signed up in January I had to pay for 3 months in advance. There is $2.71 added to every account big or small. It is a business thing no matter how small or active the business is. Somewhere I have a FED from a company I never got going, it would work.

When you call, they answer within business hours. I have spoken with the owner Robert a handful of times and they are all pleasant and helpful. Last thing is they offered me a free month if someone signed up. I told them to tack it on to that persons initial period. Tell them that and that James Barnaby sent you.