unlimited T-mobile LTE for $35 a month

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jimindenver said:
GS

You have to look for where it is on that site, some times either they are not running or I just don't see it.

https://4gantennashop.com/5gbplan

Make sure you lock your video to 480p or less and it's unlimited if it is on their Binge on list. Certain music like Pandora and iheart are unlimited too.

Even if you burn through you high speed, it doesn't shut off. It has unlimited 2G that averages 256k. Mine was on 2G after a computer updated 10 days into my month. It's actually usable. You tube takes a bit but Pandora works fine.

It says it works with hotspots like the ZTE z917, z915, etc.  I don't know if it's bring your own device, I got mine from them. What ever you use I would strongly suggest that you get a device that has band 12. That is more important than anything else on T-Mobile as it is their long range band. I have the Z915 and not only gets band 12, it can be used on any network after you use it on 4gas. I had a different hotspot that didn't get 12, They sent me the z915 and said try them both for a week or so, send one back.

When I signed up in January I had to pay for 3 months in advance.  There is $2.71 added to every account big or small. It is a business thing no matter how small or active the business is. Somewhere I have a FED from a company I never got going, it would work.

When you call, they answer within business hours. I have spoken with the owner Robert a handful of times and they are all pleasant and helpful. Last thing is they offered me a free month if someone signed up. I told them to tack it on to that persons initial period. Tell them that and that James Barnaby sent you.

Thanks for the tip on the BAND12 technical requirement.  Don't have a personal business tax ID so will need to see how easy-hard it is to establish one.  Think the VA Hospital system might help with that and their small business process online, but will need to double check (some government groups do free things).

That link you have is for a $15 a months 5gigs account. Still an interesting bargain to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

took me five minutes to get a federal EIN. no problem at all.

GS

It's kind of like solar where we ask what you want out of it. For me it's additional coverage and the free streaming services, but I'm not willing to spend much for the coverage. I was up to 15 gigs last month before my computer snacked on my data in a update. That was just 10 days in too, a full month is much higher. I don't have the 22 gig throttle that most unlimited plans do because the streaming doesn't count in any way. ( a summer of you will do nothing and like it has provided ample time to test it)

This is the Binge on list, and there are even a few adult channels. Just limit the video to 480p and watch all you want.

http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/binge-on-streaming-video-list.html

This Music freedoms list

http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/music-freedom-list.html

With your EIN and business name I would suggest calling, asking for Robert and seeing what, if anything is needed. He is the boss and can push whatever buttons and except any level of proof. All they wanted from me was a name and a means of payment.

jimindenver said:
GS

It's kind of like solar where we ask what you want out of it. For me it's additional coverage and the free streaming services, but I'm not willing to spend much for the coverage. I was up to 15 gigs last month before my computer snacked on my data in a update. That was just 10 days in too, a full month is much higher. I don't have the 22 gig throttle that most unlimited plans do because the streaming doesn't count in any way. ( a summer of you will do nothing and like it has provided ample time to test it)

This is the Binge on list, and there are even a few adult channels. Just limit the video to 480p and watch all you want.

http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/binge-on-streaming-video-list.html

This Music freedoms list

http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/music-freedom-list.html

With your EIN and business name I would suggest calling, asking for Robert and seeing what, if anything is needed. He is the boss and can push whatever buttons and except any level of proof. All they wanted from me was a name and a means of payment.

Binge On --- Netflix. Life is good.

JIMINDENVER ---

So can I get the $15 per month T-MOBILE plan and just use BINGE ON only services to watch whatever I want, unlimited? Is that how this all works?

If it is on the Binge on list and you limit the quality to 480p, you could turn it on and watch it 24/7. Same with the music. I like netflix, you tube, Crackle, etc.

As I said I was up to 15 gig in 10 days before the computer ate my data. You can't run that 5 gigs out on other things because Binge on will stop working. It's all usable, just slower.

jimindenver said:
If it is on the Binge on list and you limit the quality to 480p, you could turn it on and watch it 24/7. Same with the music. I like netflix, you tube, Crackle, etc.

As I said I was up to 15 gig in 10 days before the computer ate my data. You can't run that 5 gigs out on other things because Binge on will stop working. It's all usable, just slower.

So keep it below the 5gigs limit, and I will be okay. Else BINGE ON will shut down. If I attach a AMAZON FIRE TV or a GOOGLE CHROMECAST TV device and only use those, I should be all set. As long as I turn off updates and only use the BINGE ON allowed web sites. Like Netflix only. Or YouTube Red only.

Right

Actually I do surf the web while I watch. My firestick works great with it, the z915 has great WiFi range and T-Mobile speeds can be quite good. I know it can go higher but with a decent signal I can see 15 Mbps and that was out in the middle of nowhere, Michigan.

Even if you do go over you are on unlimited throttled and can still watch it all, it just loads slower.

jimindenver said:
Right

Actually I do surf the web while I watch. My firestick works great with it, the z915 has great WiFi range and T-Mobile speeds can be quite good. I know it can go higher but with a decent signal I can see 15 Mbps and that was out in the middle of nowhere, Michigan.

Even if you do go over you are on unlimited throttled and can still watch it all, it just loads slower.

Do you ever roam with this?  Do you travel multiple states and see if the reception is still the same, or if it is blocked?  Have seem some accounts get blocked for roaming out of the home area.  Not sure if TMOBILE would do that.

I've only had it in Colorado and Michigan. You will have to ask when you call.

jimindenver said:
I've only had it in Colorado and Michigan. You will have to ask when you call.

Am debating getting this now or later. Or waiting a year. Right now am fixed address with $50 per month AT&T hard wired internet service unlimited, no data cap. But I need that for work.

If I get the $15 per month TMOBILE account now I just do not want to cut back. The work needs reliable home service.

In a year (October 2017) I will be six months away from a retired lifestyle. So will want the TMOBILE solution.

I can get that. 5 gigs a month isn't much data when you start using it outside of the streaming services. I had Comcast for a long time, pretty cheap compared to a unlimited high speed mobile plan. I was atthe end of the line so while it would hit 90 Mbps at times, it would nearly stop when everyone came home from school or work. It's pretty bad when you have to fire up a Sprint hotspot because nothing will load on cable.

Hate Comcast. Had same issues

Since it rolled over on the 11th the hotspot has done just under 9 gigs on two firesticks. I keep the computer off of it to avoid burning up the 5 gigs in a update again.

Oh wow. I was about to go looking but I think I'll stick with my truly "unlimited" plan that I have.  Yeah, they slow it down a bit after idk how many gigs but since I can use up to 15Gbs a month...  I'll stay where I'm grandfathered.

Usually if there is going to be throttling on a unlimited account, it happens after 22 gigs or so. Those grandfather accounts sure can be sweet to have.

so am seeing advertisements fro METROPCS (Tmobile re-seller) for $30 a month unlimited everything. Not sure if this is only 3G data, or if it is 4G on the latest Tmobile carrier frequency for long distance. Likely its on the older tmobile equipment. Also not sure how well METROPCS can roam and if that is a factor in its use while mobile. Likely you need to buy the METROPCS only phones or data devices to get that company to authorize you to have it work.

That $30 for unlimited everything on metropcs is 1gb @ LTE speeds, then capped to something slow like 64/128kbit/s. It still will use the LTE network when you hit the limit. The real unlimited full-speed LTE plan is $60.

Still liking the idea of a $15 per month. Unlimited BINGE on Netflix for TMOBILE. But am not buying until a year from now when I am six months from retirement.