"Unlimited" for $40/month for unlocked iPhones

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have two identical iPhone SE. one on Verizon’s prepaid. Other on visible. — the VISIBLE service works at 80% of the locations that the VERIZON PREPAID works. from testing several locations on east coast. It’s good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which model of iPhone SE are you using successfully with Visible.  According to their website one model of iPhone SE does not work with Visible?  They state  "iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone X will work with Visible, with the exception of the one iPhone SE and two iPhone 7 models."  I would like to purchase the correct iPhone SE and try Visible.

I've become very suspicious of needing an app to perform a function or task that shouldn't require an app (like tap talk). For many things I want to do; I can go to the website instead of using an app and having to agree to the companies terms and conditions, such as giving access to my contacts . Of course this won't work for Visible.

Still thanks for sharing, I'm sure this would work for some that aren't a stick in the mud like me. I'm on T-Mobile One Unlimited 55 plan (old guy plan). Two lines for my wife and I, unlimited talk, text and data for $60.00 a month, 5GB are high speed then they cut you back. This includes Mexico & Canada, though I was never able to connect to a cell tower in Mexico. Easy to provide cell service at no extra charge where it doesn't work. I've never tried Canada.

We own outright two older unlocked iPhones (no contact) so we can move to another carrier or deal when ever we want.

patfromny said:
Which model of iPhone SE are you using successfully with Visible.  According to their website one model of iPhone SE does not work with Visible?  They state  "iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone X will work with Visible, with the exception of the one iPhone SE and two iPhone 7 models."  I would like to purchase the correct iPhone SE and try Visible.

iPhone SE 128gig domestic version (will not do international with this model). Checked the international when we went to Canada, wife’s iPhone SE 32gig in Verizon worked fine for $5 extra per day. Mine would not work international because of the model number.

But mine works fine on VISIBLE.

c7b1dd93a17fc0b85cd448c692690610.png

broken ed said:
I've become very suspicious of needing an app to perform a function or task
Rightly so.

They are discounting the service in exchange for monetizing your usage data

which we used to expect our telecom / ISP to keep private.

"They are discounting the service in exchange for monetizing your usage data"

Thanks John61CT,,, now it making sense to me...

I looked at several phone plans today that seemed like a good deal. None of them allowed the phone to be used as a hotspot.
One had unlimited with 6 gig of unthrottled 4g data for $35. For another $10 you got an additional 5 gig of unthrottled 4g that rolled over the unused amount to the next month for as long as you kept the phone active. But, no tethering of the phone to tablet or laptop was allowed.
Before taking the leap, check their hot spot policy. Just because it uses the Verizon towers, doesn't mean that you get the same as Verizon.

Thanks for sharing and posting all the info about your iPhone SE.  I will add that visible chat support told me to purchase iPhone SE model 1662.

Sorry that is supposed to be model a1662.  I see many for sale on eBay.  Those interested should look for unlocked phones.

Mine is model MP9C2LL/A iPhone se

Here's a thought...

My freebie Verzion Samsung phone offers a Bluetooth tethering option that I found to be more useful than the hotspot option. By that I mean, that it was used more often and worked very well for me over the last three weeks.

I would have to go into settings and turn it back on after a power up, then go into the settings of the other device and connect (or pair it up) via Bluetooth.

Banda Bing, bad da boom, wifi! Like a champ!

Your mileage may vary! It worked for me, I liked it...

Such Fun!

You can use your phone to hotspot to another device with Visible. I haven't tried to connect more than one device at a time.

I was watching a movie on Pluto TV (via Roku) a few days ago and a commercial came on for Visible. Good sign they're not going anywhere anytime soon..

I'd switch over now but I'm not in a rush to buy an Iphone. I guess they're working on developing an app for Android

The captured surveillance data from wealthier people is worth more.

Am so rich. My iPhone SE with 128 gigs cost $180 on eBay. Lol. My wife’s iPhone se 32 gigs cost $130 at Walmart last Xmas. Am sure this year you can get them for less than $100. And you can get them fixed and batteries replaced every two years for less than $40 most things. Put mine in a battery case to double battery power so it last a few days. Very small hand held form factor.

But the coverage has limits. Central Kentucky no coverage (around mammoth cave national park). Far Eastern Maine has no coverage (around Acadia National Park.

Is that due to the mothership / parent excluding even its own subsidiary MVNO from participating in roaming agreements?

or would a VZW phone suffer the same in those locations?

Visible just came out with an app for Android. I'm on their mailing list so I was just notified.
Unfortunately my Samsung J7 2017, on MetroPcs isn't compatible.

You can check your IMEI for compatibility on the Visible site.

I just got all excited for nothing. I can unlock my phone as I don't owe anything on it but it still won't work (on the Verizon network) according to what I've read elsewhere on the web. Oh well, this Android app still offers more options in the future..