Two weeks in the ambo!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baloo

Reaction score
Well last night officially kicked off my two weeks of living in the ambo! I drove a little over a 100 miles and had a great night sleep on the futon mattress. Woke up and start the day off with a hot cup of joe.
a833eb9f478144e3df0ddb89831482d0.jpg

I am still getting things moved around and what not, trying to figure out what works best for storage and placement of things. I will try to post often and takes lots of pics.

That looks like a cool rig. Sounds like you are off to a great start.

One you consider the size of the tires and rear bumper, one would think some retractable folding steps under the rear doors is needed.

I basically only use the side door for entry. There will be a cool rear bumper with motorcycle carrier installed soon. I figured I would make use of my national guard two week summer camp as an ambo test bed. Here is what I will be working on during the day.
e12e17306113f589fec3f9c4304ab139.jpg

Congratulations, Baloo. I bet that was one of the best cups of coffee you've ever had!

It has been a great day, just changing out a dry rotted tire today!
f9c2b367332d93bf7c3e0a1a54b3c064.jpg

Nice, now we know how you come by your mad mechanic skills! Just curious, what kind of fuel milage are you getting? I'd love to build a medium duty rig, like a short chassis Pete 379, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to afford to drive it.

Thanks, i can't really tell yet on the fuel mileage, I will fill up at the end of the week. Right now I am running bio diesel. I will be modifying the second fuel tank to run waste veggie oil. That should make it more affordable to operate. Also the reason why I added the second fuel tank in the first place. Last night was great, made some freeze dried camping food and studied up on how to use a gopro and video editing. I just woke up and it is time to get dressed and get the day going!

Good morning!!

Here's a little TailSpin intro music to get you moving. Of course, you've already been up for hours, but it made me happy!

Nana4Twins said:
Good morning!!

Here's a little TailSpin intro music to get you moving. Of course, you've already been up for hours, but it made me happy!

That just made my day!

Baloo said:
That just made my day!

My favorite part:

Spin it
Let's begin it
Bear 'n grin it
When you're in it
You can win it
In a minute
When you spin it, spin it, spin it!

Have a fabulous day! :D

I am a huge talespin fan! One of the few keepsakes I keep in my truck is my old talespin lunch box!

Tailspin and Darkwing Duck were my two very favorite cartoons when my kids were little. I watched every day, whether the kids wanted to or not. lol

I know what you mean, I love the old Disney cartoons. when I was old enough I made it a point to get a Baloo tattoo.

Fixing a fellow soldiers car, drinking a beer, and enjoying life!
3bdba773f9a8382db7e94a306c976ba6.jpg

very cool you are out in it for the first time. btw thank you for your service. highdesertranger

Ditto on the thank you for your service. Looks like fun and nice you can stay in the parking lot.

highdesertranger said:
very cool you are out in it for the first time. btw thank you for your service. highdesertranger

Thank you for your support!

Just woke up, had to pee. Still have an hour before I half to be up. Being Monday morning, there is a little bit of traffic noise and some pesky king air that keeps running up on the flight line. For the most part all I can hear Is the birds chirping. Thinking about making some coffee, or maybe snoozing for a hour. Or maybe I will watch the Talespin theme again!

Well the rain is drizzling, but the Army moves on! Kinda a slow morning, made oatmeal and coffee with the inverter this morning, shaved a got ready in the ambo. Once I get my shower done life will be much easier. I need to go to a Walmart for some things today. Just rambling...