Traveling West of the sunset.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WestoftheSunset

Reaction score
G'day all,
West Aussie from Perth, Western Australia, still in the dreaming / planning stages of a life on the road, but determined to get out there and do it all.  I've spent most of my working life in road transport and mining and after having done fi-fo work at about 35 mine sites and yet still seen very little of the Great Southern Land, I'm going to change all of that.

When I was a young man, I went driving road trains all over the country and from that, three things have always stuck with me:  Waking up in the sleeper cab to the deep silence of the bush, interrupted by only the welcome calls of the ever-present magpies;  Looking up at the dark night skies and seeing Banjo Patterson's "wonderous glory of the everlasting stars" and the strange little thrill of danger and excitement that used to run through me before I put the truck into gear and eased out on the road and headed towards the horizon once again.  I want all of those things again - and more!

Welcome WestoftheSunset to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the group, sounds like you've been bitten by the nomad bug. It is quite an adventure traveling the country and meeting new people and hope you have the chance to do the same. Good luck with everything and feel free to ask us any questions you may have as there are many helpful people here to assist.

Welcome!! I would love to hear about your plans for the future!! This site has so much information about solar, different vehicles and places to explore. We even have a forum on food. It would be fun to read about food choices available for nomads in Australia!

Road Trains!

OMG post pics!

Extra points if a 'roo is in the pic!

Anyway...welcome....keep in mind our group is mostly in the USA so as you are entering your summer, we will be talking about sleeping bags, sweaters, and heaters and staying warm at night since we will be approaching COLD COLD nights in most of the country here.

Keep us posted!

Latest posts