Transit, Promaster or Sprinter?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which would you choose if money were not a problem? Feel free to leave comments to tell me why becau

• Total voters

Jadvisioness

Reaction score
If money were not the issue, which of the three popular vans would you purchase?

Feel free to leave comments to tell me why because I'd love to know..

Promaster, due to internal dimensions and performance. Also, these are the ones the cargo expediters are using, if I was doing that.    ~crofter

Transit, and we did purchase a new 2018 mid roof Transit with 148" wheelbase (long but not extra long) and the 3.5L eco boost which has like 6 billion hp but gets 18mpg.

Extremely happy with purchase, would buy again in a heartbeat.  Under $30k.   You could buy two Transits for the price of a Sprinter.

I prefer rear wheel drive, so the Promaster is off my list. And the Sprinter is off my list because of high maintenance and repair costs. (But it helps they have gasoline engines available now.) I'm not a big fan of Ford, but until Chevy/GMC does a Euro-style van, that's what I'm left with.

If money were no object... Hmmm...? How about a 2019 Leisure Wonder class C with the murphy bed on a Transit platform with the gasoline turbo engine... a bargain at a paltry $125k-ish.

I recently bought a 2018 mid roof transit. I love it. I took it on a three week trip from North Carolina to South Dakota and had a great time.
This van is my first brand new four tire vehicle. In 1978 as a 19 year old I bought a brand new two tire Suzuki GS750.

If money was truly no issue, I would most likely buy a smallish class A with a few slide outs. Since I would not be concerned about money I would not care about maint. and gas mileage.

O.k. I recant my previous post. I would get the Mercedes if money was not an issue. I saw a beautiful cream colored Sprinter on my trip to South Dakota. It seemed to have all the bells and whistles.

Money no object? Then how about a Vanagon Synchro with a Subaru engine swap? Or a Mitsubishi Delica? Or a 6x6 Pinzgauer? Or a Unimog overlander?

I've owned a Mercedes (not a van, but an old diesel wagon) years ago. It was a neat car, but incredibly expensive to repair, and more finicky from a maintenance standpoint.

Dodges don't have a good track record for long-term quality. I've not owned Dodges in recent years, but was in that "family" as a Jeep owner (multiple vehicles) for 2 decades.

For me, that left the Transit as the best option for us. I haven't owned a Ford since 1989, but my dad & brother have both had good luck with their multiple late-model F-150s.

Craig

^^^^^^ Not the "CrossFit" anymore...……….TradeMark issues......Coachman re-branded them ""BEYOND""

I've got a Transit...………..