Tiny Chinese electric RV based on a tuk-tuk

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! This would be PERFECT as a rolling 19th Hole. Can you imagine the reaction if you showed up at the local greens in THIS! I'd install my 12V fridge and fill it with cold beverages. Maybe even mount a BBQ on the rear.

There's a market for these things - think campground mobile snack and beverage shop for one...

Cheers

JDub said:
Wow! This would be PERFECT as a rolling 19th Hole. Can you imagine the reaction if you showed up at the local greens in THIS! I'd install my 12V fridge and fill it with cold beverages. Maybe  even mount a BBQ on the rear.

There's a market for these things - think campground mobile snack and beverage shop for one...

Cheers

That's actually a good point. It would be a cool toy for people with way too much money.

We used the Polaris built electric “egg” shaped 4 wheel electric cars for a while within the property which is about 10 miles across. They were almost 3 times the cost of this camper. One noticeable problem is the heater is electric and drains the battery quickly. Another is the batteries and drivetrain components weigh a lot and the suspension wears out quickly on anything but smooth paved roads. Steering components were undersized and exposed and got damaged easily. If they are not abused they would probably work fine for parking lot type shuttles or local transport. A small car like the Spark would be cheaper and do highway speeds for several hundred miles on a tank of gasoline which would make it a much better buy in my opinion. Now if they would just make a factory camper version!

Rusty 78609 on YouTube just bought a new manual shift one and seems to be liking it. He is going to try pulling it behind his motorhome.

I wouldn't want to be sailing in this thing when the wind blows from the side...
Good for a sidewalk ride.

JDub said:
If I had the disposable income, THIS would be what I'd get. I'd fix it up like the 1963 M151 Jeep I was assigned back in the mil in 1979...

https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2018/03/indian-knock-off-jeep-never-knew-wanted.html
"Pricing for the vehicle has not yet been announced."   :rolleyes:
"That engine drives the ROXOR to a top speed of 45 mph"
"It offers nine inches of ground clearance, a tow capacity of 3490 pounds and a curb weight of 3035 lbs."
"The powerplant is a 2.5-liter turbodiesel that puts out 62 horsepower at 3200 rpm and 144 lb-ft of torque at just 1400 rpm."
Something doesn't add up.  62HP and 144 lb-ft but tows 3490lb?  Can it tow that weight up a hill?

We had a local dealer that carried the Mahindra diesel Roxor "jeeps".
Yeah....too cool to pass up.
Nice little diesel power train, like a tractor simple and ruggedly built.
Well thought out off-road design, really a nice vehicle.
Yep...you can get them already in military colored schemes, Navy grey or OD green with military stars and such.
Little pricey around $15K for the base model.........

Not road legal in Arkansas. You can make them legal but is the hassle worth it?
Company being sued by the "real" "Jeep" for copyright stuff.
So...as of today, can't get parts nor buy one until the legal issues are resolved.
Looks like those issues have been resolved with the 2021 model (they changed the grill to look "un-jeep", but the old style grills simply bolt back on)
My local tractor dealer no longer carries them as they sold poorly and had too many "legal" issues.
Too bad, we don't get the "cool vehicles" the rest of the world gets because of our "Safety" rules....for own own good donchaknow!
This would make one heck of an off-road toad though......

Roxor website: https://www.roxoroffroad.com/

Happy trails to you!
Chuck

I'd buy one in a heartbeat if they cost around $10K and could be driven on the road.

"Something doesn't add up. 62HP and 144 lb-ft but tows 3490lb? Can it tow that weight up a hill?"

Lord who knows! I just want to drive it around my neighborhood to annoy all the "look at me" types who scoot around in ever fancier golf carts (and let their extremely under aged kids do so as well) as a status symbol. They're supposed to be taking them to the CC and back only but they're driven all over the place where they really pose a a hazard - to themselves and others... It drives them nuts when you have something they don't... :D

Cheers

SLB_SA said:
 . . .
Something doesn't add up.  62HP and 144 lb-ft but tows 3490lb?  Can it tow that weight up a hill?

Gear reduction (force multiplying) - its what a transmission and differential does.

Dodge Cummins turbodiesel: 370 HP, 850 lb-ft torque.  It will pull a 10,000 lb trailer with no problem, in the mountains.