Thursday Morning Musing ...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here we are, FIRST DAY of RTR 2018. Congratulations ... we made it!

Good Morning from my family's camp, to you!

I awoke just minutes before the sun did this morning. What a miracle and what a view to behold! It is a Gift we receive each and every day. Even the grater on the road coming in was something to see, albeit noisy. Sometimes in life we have to accept things which are intrusive along with things which are necessary.

I worked until early morning on more writing and did the task of emptying my head prior to bundling up and snuggling with my man for the night's rest. I am amazed, surprised, and ecstatic as to how super quiet this Township of RTR is once dusk envelops us. I took Lua for his evening stroll in the vast darkness and did not hear a peep. If I had not witnessed the steady stream of every lovely and incredible form imaginable of 'home on wheels' arriving safely at their destination yesterday, I would have never believed the magnitude in number of people and vehicles convened in this space for how quiet it is.

Great work, everyone. Much appreciated by all of us, I imagine.

I applaud each and every one of us for embracing this lifestyle. Whether we have been living this RV life full time or part time. Whether we are permanent rubber tramps or weekend warriors. Whether we have been on this adventure for many years, just new to this, or we are soaking up every bit of information we need to possibly get ready to embark on our own journey. We are all at this meeting place together.

We are living this rubber tramp lifestyle by choice or not by choice. Either way, it was ours to choose. Here, we are gathering. To learn from each other. To meet like-minded people and form connections.  Much gratitude and appreciation to Bob Wells for inspiring us and giving us a place to land, if only for a little while.

Whether you are a seasoned traveler on your road, maiden voyaging, or still seeking to discover if this path is the one for you, I offer you encouragement. I am cheering you on! The paved roads and the gravel roads are in front of you, and they are endless. 

Gaze out your windows and watch the sun rise from a new location as often as you wish. 

May you get out here at RTR 2018 and breathe in every experience possible, and may you carry it with you wherever you travel to.

THANK YOU to one and all for being here!

Open Roads and Open Skies to all of us.

It really is a great group of people (and dogs).

BTW, I had an opportunity to meet the Transient Goddess and she is just as kind and thoughtful as she writes.

Latest posts