The Golden BB.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GotSmart

Reaction score
:mad:

I have been shot down in the prime of my life.  Last week I had another stroke, (just a little one!) and now the Dr is telling me not to drive. :dodgy:

41 years and several million miles of driving.  

I ain't broke I'm badly bent... 

Anyone want a Van?  :(

That bites rocks, man.

If I were closer, and had the money-
Maybe find a traveling companion that will do the driving, while you do the navigating and cooking?

So I should put this in the singles forum? 

Neat freak old CA hippy.  Have van and a steady income.  Need sweet lady to put up with me and my cat.  Extremely tiny quarters.   :D

sorry to hear about that Got Smart, hang in there. you still have your sense of humor. highdesertranger

"So I should put this in the singles forum? Neat freak old CA hippy. Have van and a steady income. Need sweet lady to put up with me and my cat. Extremely tiny quarters."

Maybe someone you already know?

John, our buddy Von Brown had no trouble finding a couple of different travel buddies. Different circumstances, but still.

I may even know one right off the top of my head. She's a home health aide is is looking for a mobile gig. She's in TX. you might have topull a trailer for seperate sleeping quarters, if you go that route

At this point, I need to completely relax.  

Hard to do since I pulled the intake off the van again.  :p

1 more hour of cleaning, and it can go back together.  I missed putting sealant in one tiny spot causing a leak out the top.  

I knew I should have pulled it and started over at the time.  

No driving for me, at least for now.

man that sucks, I wish I knew a way I could actually help with this

GS, if you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all.  Glad you still have your sense of humor.  It's a b*tch getting old.  Always enjoyed your company and you will be missed on the road.

Man I'm sorry to hear about this GotSmart, I've had family and friends in similar situations, and giving up driving is one of the worst limitations! Sounds like you could use a Google automated van! They'd have to load the vans with terrain maps instead of the normal road maps! Some day...

There's always chance of recovering function, I've seen some make impressive comebacks from strokes, restored speech, motor skills almost back to normal.

I never was sure what normal was supposed to be like.   :huh:

I am sorry you got this bad news. Hoping for your full recovery!!!!

My first thought was finding a companionable driver... and like someone else suggested... towing a trailer for separate living quarters. Then it could be a male of female driver. And all of your knowledge of the road and mechanics, etc., etc. A newbie who wants to travel could learn a lot from you.

On the other hand, if total relaxation is needed and is possible for you in your s&b situation, you can always be the expert contributor you are here on the forum .. no mobility needed for that. :)

Dang GS, that sucks. My pop hated it when they took driving away but it really was for the best.

Good luck

The van is finished.  I will let it sit  a day or so to make 100% sure the system is air tight, then change out the water for coolant.  The temptation to hit the road was almost overpowering when it started on the first turn of the key.   :(

Next week I start a battery of tests~~~ MRI, TEE, Carotid>>> ???

I am glad I have insurance.

So sorry to read your posts. Take a few weeks to consider your options before making any quick decisions. I like Cyndi's suggestion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been trying to figure out what to say since I first saw your post. I can commiserate in some ways as I've got some medical challenges that are trying to ground me, but this is about you.

From reading you for over a year it seems like you are pretty good at turning lemons into lemonade so I wish for you that your lemonade is just the right sweetness for your taste. It's good, err sometimes challenging, that you have family around. There are times any lemonade can cause a sour puss though. I hope that you also have someone you can vent to when those times arise.

It's good that you have insurance that's willing to approve your batteries.

I wish you the best.

Ignore the naysayers get to doing whatever you where doing just keep moving ahead, sending you my strength, Adrian

Latest posts