Thanksgiving in Ehrenberg! WTF? (Where's the Fudge)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulRaven

Reaction score
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Anyone in Ehrenberg right now?  [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Yeah, a whole lot of idiots making as much noise, and throwing up as much dust as they possibly can.  [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I have never in my life, ever, been anywhere that people, large groups of people , treat Thanksgiving as a time to go out in the desert and make as much noise as possible!  Never!  WTF????  (Where's the Fudge?)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]UPDATE:  I forgot to mention that the campsite next to us has started doing target practice.  I'm pretty sure it's a small caliber handgun, .22 or smaller even, but still.  Sheez![/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]ANOTHER UPDATE:  I'm starting to think that this is like Ski/Snowboard season to these folks.  In the mountains of places like Colorado, Utah, etc... Opening Day for the season is this kind of party.  And it often comes around this tie of year.  And , this is a four-day weekend.  [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]What I think those of us who simply want to be here and enjoy some peacefulness have to think something like, "Would I go to Breckenridge or Mammoth Mountain with my family to celebrate Thanksgiving?  "  If the answer is No, then I would rethink coming to Ehrenberg or other desert places for the holidays.  Christmas, which is big at the ski resorts, (the holiday, not usually C'mas day itself) is likely to be similar.  I'm thinking LTVA for the week of Christmas/New Years.  [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Regards,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Pat [/font]

Pat

I'd say in our groups case it was the fact that we likely have the spot they wanted except they have been making runs on all of the RV's/dwellers in the area day and night. In the confrontation I heard how us Canadians were ruining it for those that live here. In our case after the threats of ramming our RV's had passed it was decided that maybe all involved should play nice as being a butthead just might bring out the buttheads on the other side. It has greatly improved since for us at least and as I understand it they are going home today.

Thankfully, no one called me a Canadian!  Phew.  
Yeah, it's a little known fact that many Canadians have Colorado plates on their vehicles like you and me.   :-/  :dodgy:  :exclamation:
Dumbasses. 

Several of the rigs in the campsite next to me have already left, and the ones that are still there are heading out. 

I believe this place will go back to being quiet by this afternoon.  I hope I didn't just jinx it.  

Nice pleasant breeze this morning, haven't heard any ATVs.  

Aaaaahhhhhh....

as an ATV user myself I find behavior is unacceptable. I would go to their camp and demand respect for others camped in the area. of course I would ride my bike over no matter how close they where, so that they could see that this was another rider talking to them. most of the time this works but just like with every group there are always A-Holes that think the whole area belongs to them. highdesertranger

pnolans said:
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Anyone in Ehrenberg right now?  [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Yeah, a whole lot of idiots making as much noise, and throwing up as much dust as they possibly can.  [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I have never in my life, ever, been anywhere that people, large groups of people , treat Thanksgiving as a time to go out in the desert and make as much noise as possible!  Never!  WTF????  (Where's the Fudge?)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]UPDATE:  I forgot to mention that the campsite next to us has started doing target practice.  I'm pretty sure it's a small caliber handgun, .22 or smaller even, but still.  Sheez![/font]
That sounds disappointing. I would not be happy. lol. A couple of years ago, I was camped at bowman lake, in glacier national park- pretty remote place. late september, campground mostly empty. well, except for the LOUDEST group teenage boys and their camp leader. It sorta ruined the time there. I often think I need my own planet to live on...