Thank you for this site and youtube videos

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostandFound

Reaction score
Dear Bob, I feel like I know you now that I have watched so many videos.  As a mother of four, I have never had the time to watch ANY youtube videos but right now I am laid up with a pinched nerve and have found peace, solace and hope in your channel.  I am in this state because of the current stress of a complicated life due to many factors.  However, recently I lived in the hospital with my father for over 4 months.  I was boondocking but didn't know that was what it was called.  It was born of desperation because I was having to survive while taking care of my Dad and couldn't keep paying for hotel rooms and buying cafeteria food.  I resurrected my old Yukon, put a single mattress in the back, used silver heat visors to block out people and heat.  I had to think about how I bought, stored and prepared food as well as my clothes and toilette.  The people I knew were horrified that I was living that way but taking care of my Dad while not impoverishing my family with expenses was more important.  My father has now passed and I am back in my 2,000 sq. ft. home with 4 bedrooms and guess what??  I want nothing more than to be back in the simplicity of my Yukon.  While I sit here in terrible pain because life is so stressful and the doctor's are calling for Xanex, I know that the answer is simple and necessary.  Hope to see you guys within a year or so.  In the meantime I have become a Amazon camping supply fanatic!  Thanks again for the great info and hope all delivered in a kind and thoughtful way.

Hi.. Hope all your "pain" passes soon, and you're on the road! :)
(I'm this'll get around to Bob and he'll respond at some point!:)
Welcome!

Welcome aboard the CRVL forums LostandFound !
I might say you've been infected by the Cheap RV Living disease but prefer to look at it as being cured of the horrible affliction of Rat Raceitis !!!

LostandFound said:
Dear Bob, ... I was boondocking but didn't know that was what it was called.  It was born of desperation because I was having to survive while taking care of my Dad and couldn't keep paying for hotel rooms and buying cafeteria food.  I resurrected my old Yukon, put a single mattress in the back, used silver heat visors to block out people and heat.  I had to think about how I bought, stored and prepared food as well as my clothes and toilette.  ... My father has now passed and I am back in my 2,000 sq. ft. home with 4 bedrooms and guess what??  I want nothing more than to be back in the simplicity of my Yukon.  

Thank you so much for your very kind and heart-felt letter!! I deeply appreciate you taking the time to open your heart in this way, Thank you!

Based in my years of extensive medical training, I diagnose a severe case of lack of Vitamin N (for Nature). Yours are typical symptoms, depression, stress, hopelessness and desperation. Left untreated they will all get worse and will lead to many forms of physical diseases.  

Extreme measures are called for, I prescribe that starting immediately...GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY!!!!!

Seriously though, I do have some suggestions you can start to take right now to truly make your life better:

1) Stop buying stuff--unless it's for your new life!
2) Start getting rid of stuff. You have some time so sell everything you can for as much as you  and save every penny for your new life.
3) Go to Parks and spend a lot time in nature 
4) Sleep in the Yukon periodically and start taking weekend camping trips in it.
5)Can you trade it in for a minivan or van and start taking longer trips. 
6) Be watching for the van or RV you want to ultimately escape in.

If you can do any of those things, I think your life will be better.
Bob

akrvbob said:
Thank you so much for your very kind and heart-felt letter!! I deeply appreciate you taking the time to open your heart in this way, Thank you!

Based in my years of extensive medical training, I diagnose a severe case of lack of Vitamin N (for Nature). Yours are typical symptoms, depression, stress, hopelessness and desperation. Left untreated they will all get worse and will lead to many forms of physical diseases.  

Extreme measures are called for, I prescribe that starting immediately...GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY!!!!!

Seriously though, I do have some suggestions you can start to take right now to truly make your life better:

1) Stop buying stuff--unless it's for your new life!
2) Start getting rid of stuff. You have some time so sell everything you can for as much as you  and save every penny for your new life.
3) Go to Parks and spend a lot time in nature 
4) Sleep in the Yukon periodically and start taking weekend camping trips in it.
5)Can you trade it in for a minivan or van and start taking longer trips. 
6) Be watching for the van or RV you want to ultimately escape in.

If you can do any of those things, I think your life will be better.
Bob

Welcome to the CRVL forums LostandFound! I hope you find your way back to the simplicity of your Yukon sooner rather than later.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

cherterr said:
Hi.. Hope all your "pain" passes soon, and you're on the road! :)
(I'm this'll get around to Bob and he'll respond at some point!:))
Welcome!

Thanks so much for the encouragement.  I've checked out your site and just love it!  So many of the things you are doing, I have dreamed of...and done in a smaller scale:)  Good luck to you on your projects and I will be following you here from Houston, TX.  Currently trying not to float away...will not be able to get on the road until August but will be Colorado bound.

Mobilesport said:
@ Lost and found
Who's your favorite Youtuber?

Probably Bob overall because they are not only interesting but also extremely informative.  I am new to youtube so still scanning and subscribing.  Open to any suggestions.  I am less for discussion and more for "how to" currently.  I've picked up great tips but I must say the most from Bob.

VanDwellerModerator said:
Welcome to the CRVL forums LostandFound!  I hope you find your way back to the simplicity of your Yukon sooner rather than later.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.  

We look forward to hearing more from you.

I have started working on my rig but will have a month gap while I am on an "out of town" assignment.  Should I post some "before" pictures now or just wait until I've made some significant progress so that I can show some differences.  I am not only fixing up my rig but building a Harbor Freight trailer/teeny tiny portable home as well to pull behind. Most of the work will be in August.

I think posting before pics now will enable people here to offer more suggestions and give you more options to consider, unless your plan is solid already.