Talk to Them for Me

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sephson

Reaction score
I need to get someone to talk to my knees for me, convince them I'm really an okay guy and that they should quit grumbling and complaining every time I take a step. :angel:

You can talk to them.
Tell them you love them.
Have a three-way with some ice every now and again.

Then when they bitch about shit just ignore them.

Sorry man, I hear ya.

Signed,

60yo who played too hard on skateboards, bicycles, and motorcycles when young.

Maybe promise them massages and hot tubs, and a little icing now and then if they behave?

Signed,

56 yo who played far too much rugby and did painful jobs, with silly motorcycling habits on the side.

I like to remind mine that if they are truly unhappy that I can replace them with newer, sexier ones that don't complain.

Signed,

50 yo who has hiked and mountain biked thousands of miles over the years.

Today may have been a bad knee day, but that doesn't mean it was a bad day. I got a lot done and generally had a lot of fun at work. Besides which, I'm actually quite happy to have the knee pain since the accident which injured them seventeen years ago should have killed me. The pain is a reminder that I'm still walking, talking and breathing when I really shouldn't be doing any of those things.

Also, what I consider a bad knee day now would have been a good knee day in the first four years after my fall. That's right! Due to unpinching an undiagnosed pinched nerve four years after the accident, my pain level dropped dramatically inside of a minute and has never returned to what it was up until 2004.

I will if you will tell mine that there is a "down" and an "up." They understand the "down," but cannot handle the "up."

sephson said:
I need to get someone to talk to my knees for me, convince them I'm really an okay guy and that they should quit grumbling and complaining every time I take a step. :angel:

Remind them that nowadays they are replaceable.......

I find that weed helps a lot with my knee pain. The other thing that has helped a lot, because I have flat feet is sturdy shoes with good arch support. :)

Yeah..... when one needs to work, drive, operate machinery....... Weed isn't exactly the medicine of choice.

Dave

djkeev said:
Yeah..... when one needs to work, drive, operate machinery....... Weed isn't exactly the medicine of choice.

Dave

A problem with many pain killers unfortunately. But fwiw, in my case just a little in the evenings goes a long way and I get a high ***/low thc strain that just seems to help with the inflammation without getting me too high. I used to take Tylenol but it started to damage my liver so I had to find an alternative. 

But yeah, if my knee pain was worse such that I needed medication during the day, it wouldn't work.

Another thing that has helped me has been diet. Certain foods, such as black cherries, really help as does generally eating a healthy diet. My doctor shared some research about how things like high blood sugar can lead to joint pain and as I have changed my diet to control my pre-diabetes I have found myself in less pain as my blood sugar has dropped back down

Veterinarians sell a weed product called Canna-Pet that controls pain but doesn't have the THC part. I wonder if they have something similar for hooman beans? I don't know about the legality of it where pot isn't legal (it's legal here in WA).