Still cheap and good

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Donedirtcheap

Picked some up at walmart today.

tinypic.com

bindi&us said:
Cool, what flavors??

Cherry. Never grape. Seriously, there was a reason we had it as kids, it was cheap. We only had a bottle of pop as a treat when we went to the drive in and it was RC Cola.

When I was a child Coke Cola was a dime. A silver dime, but a dime non the less.

Zil said:
When I was a child Coke Cola was a dime. A silver dime, but a dime non the less.
Considering the fact that a silver dime is now worth $1.50-$1.85, you can still get the cola for the "same price".

There is a gas station in Southern, Oregon (Ashland?) that will sell gas for 20 cents a gallon. The only "catch" is that you must pay with silver dimes.

I lived on Cool Aid and Ramon noodles when I was in college. Ramon was like 10 for a dollar.. I could eat and drink well on about $5 a week. Mixed in some popcorn and iced tea from time to time. That was "easy living".. Hakuna Matata.

Cans of mixed veggies, cans of chicken from costco, + green onions + sesame oil+ handfuls of soy sauce and red pepper sauce taken in bulk from Panda Express with 3.00 entre = gourmet ramen for a month.

Back in my college days, we used to make this rather horrid concoction called Purple Haze. It was Purplesaurus Rex Kool Aid and Everclear. It definitely needed a warning label!

eek everclear...

side note: anybody else make the ramen burrito? just pour hot water in the ramen bag, shake the seasoning in, then eat ramen inside like a burrito...

btw somebody else told me eating raw ramen can give you worms, I didnt believe it and still use it as a chinese chicken salad topper, and I have a bitchen recepe for crunchy cole slaw using ramen and almond slivers...