Step van conversion advice please

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDC

Reaction score
I want to convert a step van.&nbsp; I would really like to RV an old UPS brown van (so much character) but I understand that they are never for sale.&nbsp; Anyway, I want aluminum.&nbsp; I want diesel.&nbsp; And I want highway gearing.&nbsp; Insulation would be nice.&nbsp; So would A/C.&nbsp; <br><br>Anyone know of a good place to learn about this?&nbsp; Or a site where the person RV'd one up?&nbsp; So much to learn, so little time.&nbsp; Advice appreciated.<br>

I bet UPS paints there vans white before selling them.....if you don't turn in your UPS socks when you quit they'll come to your house with the cops.

Seriously though, ever been in one? They feel really tiny to me...

Welcome<br>Nope- UPS junks 'em. FedX sells theirs as do USPS- sometimes pretty reasonable if you hit the right auction.<br>Those sweet little cummins bt4's are hard to find but are great diesels in a 10-12' 10,000# with a manual od tranny........<br>I'm kinda partial to step vans too- have used them for work for years- 76 chevy 'tater chip truck, 78 ex military chevy&nbsp; heavy duty, 14' cargo.<br>&nbsp;Now I'm converting a 87 chevy 12' cargo area, gas, auto 66k mi, medium duty to run away in.<br>sorry- no pics<br><br>