Sprinter van build out

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stvnfarm

Aging Gen Xer
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I recently started a sprinter van build. This looks like a good place to give and get feedback.
I started with this 2011 170in WB van. It had about 252k miles on it but it looked solid. It started out as a golf proshop on wheels. Lots of work was done inside for this that is still useful for my build. There was an inverter installed that I've not yet found. But I'll keep it.
I was worried a bit about the undercarriage due to this van coming from MA. The undercarriage actually had a thick coating of trucked liner applied to it when it was delivered and converted by the previous customer.
I started with tearing out the clothing and shoe racks that were in there. These were HEAVY. My cousin, who is a welder, suggested using the metal for a kitchen counter frame. The material was just too hard to drive screws into. So, I built out a counter from 2x3s and oak plywood. The counter top I made out of furniture wood from Lowe's. 20220326_144042.jpg20220322_133005.jpg20220504_155833.jpg

Attachments

• 20220322_133005.jpg
    20220322_133005.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 2
For the electrical, I went with 2 200 watt Rich Solar panels, a Rich Solar 40 amp charge controller, 2 ampere time 200 amp hour lithium batteries, and a 1200 watt inverter. I only need the inverter for running a laptop and a few other small AC devices. Everything else is DC versions. I have a DC powered tv/DVD combo I use for a external monitor for the laptop.
20211219_170412.jpg

That all looks very cool!

I met a man from California last year who did his own Sprinter Van conversion, and he loved it.

I gave him this website link, so maybe he is on here and will chime in.

I really admire you folks who can do your own work. ☺️

Enjoy!

That all looks very cool!

I met a man from California last year who did his own Sprinter Van conversion, and he loved it.

I gave him this website link, so maybe he is on here and will chime in.

I really admire you folks who can do your own work. ☺️

Enjoy!
Thank you, it's slow going with this van. I'm 6 months in and just now started the shower/toilet. So far I've just been using it to sleep in during my Army weekends. It beats sleeping on a cot in an office.

Looks great! You truly have some skillz...
What's going in the space that's in front of the bathroom?

Looks great! You truly have some skillz...
What's going in the space that's in front of the bathroom?
Thank you. Between the bathroom and the bed, I'm building a closet. Between the bathroom and the drivers seat, I'm waiting to see what I will need as I continue the build. For now. I'm working in that space. I like to have a little open area when I work. Basically, I'm sitting at a makeshift desk and have my TV/DVD combo mounted to the wall there for an external monitor.