Spring, Summer 2020

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just went through your whole Cpt Log HDR; awesome pictures and narratives, thoroughly enjoyed. Nothing like sage fragrance after a rain. Take care and all the best to ya.

thank you sir. yeah I have tons more pictures I am working on the Big Horn sheep now. this photo editing is a pain in the ....... oh well coming soon Big Horn Sheep. highdesertranger

actually I need to finish this thread I am stuck on the pictures of the Big Horn Sheep. I am having trouble with the editing. highdesertranger

Old trailer looks like a 40s spartanette

You should post all your great photos more often. I’m pretty damn jealous of your travels. I love the old stuff.

so I really want to apologize for taking so long to update this thread.  there is really no excuse.

I have several picture of a herd of Big Horn Sheep that were up behind that real nice stone cabin in post #56.  however we were quite far away and I have tried several times edit the pictures.  I estimate we were 3/4 of a mile away.

the pictures I zoomed in and could hold the camera steady you can see the sheep,  but that was very few pictures as most of them were blurry.

I needed to cut the pixels(quality) down which I have no problem doing.  but then I needed to crop the image and then blow it up to make it viewable.  well I could do all that and I could view them on my lap top but when I go to save them they disappear.  or they go some where on my computer that I have no idea where.  LOL

so in the next post I will post a few pictures just for the sake of moving on.

highdesertranger

so without further ado here we go,

IMG_1994 (1).JPG
so believe it or not in this picture there are 11 Big Horn Sheep.  see what I mean just looking at the picture you really don't see any but they are there.  they are around that bald spot that is in the center right of the pic.

IMG_2001 (1).JPG
in this pic you can see 4 of them.  well three and a half anyway.  the big one is well aware of our presence he/she are looking right at us.  note that this picture was taken at exactly the same spot as the first one.  what a difference,  my camera does have an awesome zoom.  but it was real hard to hold steady as the was a moderate breeze that day and even leaning on my 4wheeler a lot of the pictures blurred.

IMG_2010 (1).JPG
you can see three in this pic.  I think these were all young rams as they were separated from the main herd a little.  they are still in the frame of the first picture.

so that's about it for the sheep.  all in all I had over 20 pictures but between the blur and not knowing how to edit these are the only ones I am going to post.

highdesertranger

actually if you click on the picture it opens in a new window. then at least on my computer you can click on them again and it blows them up a little more. doing that on the first pic and you can see some of the sheep.

Attachments

• IMG_1994 (1).JPG
    IMG_1994 (1).JPG
    1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2001 (1).JPG
    IMG_2001 (1).JPG
    862.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2010 (1).JPG
    IMG_2010 (1).JPG
    1 MB · Views: 8
now for a complete change of scenery here we go,

IMG_2014 - Copy.JPG
yes, we drove to the Swiss alps

IMG_2016 - Copy.JPG
truly awe inspiring

IMG_2025 - Copy.JPG
this is my view looking out the back doors of my trailer. this is one of my favorite boondocking spots

IMG_2026 - Copy.JPG
zoomed to cut out the darkness of the trailer

IMG_2030 - Copy.JPG
this just shows my desk in the trailer.  all this was just a temporary arrangement  for the summer.

more to come
highdesertranger

Attachments

• IMG_2014 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2014 - Copy.JPG
    756.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2016 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2016 - Copy.JPG
    716.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2025 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2025 - Copy.JPG
    428.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2026 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2026 - Copy.JPG
    807.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2030 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2030 - Copy.JPG
    562.6 KB · Views: 11
the next series of pictures show why I love the High Desert.  the beauty is astounding these pics are actually taken in the transition zone between the High Desert and the Sub Alpine so you get a little of both,

IMG_2033 - Copy.JPG
high desert sage and the aspen of a riparian zone

IMG_2035 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2037 - Copy.JPG
just plain old oh my

IMG_2038 - Copy.JPG
Mark AKA MaTaLa

more to come,

highdesertranger

Attachments

• IMG_2033 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2033 - Copy.JPG
    685.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2035 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2035 - Copy.JPG
    655.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2037 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2037 - Copy.JPG
    653.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2038 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2038 - Copy.JPG
    637.6 KB · Views: 13
Danggggggggggggg. You have ALL the fun. Sniff sniff

sorry if I am boring all of you but I can't help it LOL,

more of the same

IMG_2039 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2040 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2044 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2045 - Copy.JPG
these really didn't need captions

more to come

highdesertranger

Attachments

• IMG_2039 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2039 - Copy.JPG
    715.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2040 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2040 - Copy.JPG
    713 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2044 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2044 - Copy.JPG
    554.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2045 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2045 - Copy.JPG
    599.3 KB · Views: 7
Bored? No way. I'm really enjoying all these pics.

Isn't that a map to a lost gold mine painted on the tailgate in post #43?

more transition zone pics this time we will throw a little water in,

IMG_2051 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2053 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2055 - Copy.JPG
brrrrrr it's cold

IMG_2057 - Copy.JPG
talk about liquid ice.  I wonder what the temp of that water is.  no skinny dipping for sure.

more to come

highdesertranger

Attachments

• IMG_2051 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2051 - Copy.JPG
    925.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2053 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2053 - Copy.JPG
    926.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2055 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2055 - Copy.JPG
    684.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2057 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2057 - Copy.JPG
    734.4 KB · Views: 10
hahaha good one slow2day.

Cammalu you know you and John are always invited to tag along.

highdesertranger

Clicking on them worked for me! Great pictures, but man I hate cold water and white stuff.