Specific questions about LTVA and The Magic Circle

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yes, the clothing-optional area in the Laposa South LTVA. Please keep your jokes to yourself. They get tiresome after a while.

1. I will be in a converted minivan. I know the rules say I have to park within 500 feet of a vault toilet. Are there vault toilets within the Magic Circle "protected" area? Or will I be disallowed from staying there because of my vehicle?
  2. How good is the T-Mobile signal? The FreeRoam app shows good signal, but you can't always trust that.
  3. Do you have to pay before you even look for a good place to park? I don't want to pay and then not be able to find a place I like.
  4. Can you pay for two weeks to see if you like the area and then pay the difference for the seasonal pass?
  5. Is the seasonal pass prorated if you don't start till the middle of November? 
That's all I can think of for now. Is there anything else I should know about the area, other than that Quartzsite is insanely expensive.

1...………...no vault toilets IN the magic circle....

2...…………?.....I'll ask

3...…………Pull in and look around......don't USE the Trash....dump....or water

4...………..Never heard of that if it's possible

5...………..No...……..$180/season

Since Doug indicated there are no vault toilets in the MC, which I've not been into, that means the nearest one is about a mile from YARC camp back towards the entrance, next to the dumpsters and water station. However, last year there was also a tin shed potti a little ways further towards YARC, and some tents were near it.

You shouldn't need to pay before looking for a place to camp. You can always go inside at the entrance station and say a few words. The place is huge so lots of spots to camp. However, it's common for people to be close to one another near the main road and toilets. RVs especially. I think a lot of RVs camp near the toilets to avoid filling up their black water tanks as fast.

When I went down to Senator Wash LTVA near Yuma, the RVs were so mobbed around the 2 toilets I could barely find a spot to even park. LA Posa South was not nearly so bad.

I maybe wrong but I believe the regular BLM 14 day camping area which has fewer restrictions, borders the LTA so maybe you could just day visit the LTA for up to 14 days to scope out everything. There is a road of sorts between the them some used to get to the RTR with not many campers in the area as it is a ways from the most used areas. There are plenty of options in the Quartzsite area.

I’m not there yet but if I get there before you I’ll come to the gate and pick you up and give you a tour of the area. I have a side by side so it’s most convenient for putting around without having to turn around a larger rig.

Let me know if you want to and I’ll PM you my phone number. I camp close to the magic circle and know the whole area pretty well.

They are very organized in there with a clubhouse and they even put street signs in. They have a huge area back there.

I believe the "road" bullfrog referred to is not suitable for regular vehicles, only OHV. In between La Posa South and the old RTR area is La Posa North, which goes way way back as far as South. Must be self-contained at North.

As I mentioned, the downside to camping near the toilets will be fairly cramped conditions. I personally preferred Roadrunner, south on Hwy 95, and also out the road in the direction of the old RTR site. Both boondocking sites.

Cammalu said:
I’m not there yet but if I get there before you I’ll come to the gate and pick you up and give you a tour of the area. I have a side by side so it’s most convenient for putting around without having to turn around a larger rig.

Let me know if you want to and I’ll PM you my phone number. I camp close to the magic circle and know the whole area pretty well.

They are very organized in there with a clubhouse and they even put street signs in. They have a huge area back there.
Magic Circle has a clubhouse? Bare butts get cold in the "outback" in winter. No pun intended.

They have to have somewhere to dance... oh my eyesss!!!

There are bathrooms in la Posa north as well and many campers without tanks.

Dancing, oh my.

Regarding North, I was under the impression of no toilets. Is this something new? I know a guy named Jack who was a host at North last winter, and he said no toilets. Had to stay at South.

I drove thru there almost daily the last few winters. I saw toilets and tent campers to large rvs.

Coach on the road camps there. You might ask her. Or you can call La Posa at 928-317-3200

I will surely follow up. Monday or next January.

You could consider pooling your cash and renting a toilet to share. River Septic from Parker can rent you a toilet. I pay $150 for one to be brought all the way to I-10 and exit 53 (Hovatter Road) for events. Might be a lot cheaper closer in. You'd have to find a way to keep the masses out though...

Wow what a flashback! Remember having to get a key to the bathroom door outside the gas station with the chain and large piece of wood with men's or women's burnt into it! Haven't seen one of those in years!

No vault toilets in the Magic Circle
Not sure about TMobile, I have Verizon
You can drive into the LTVA and have a look around, just don't use services.
You can get a 14 day pass at La Posa South for $40.

✌️??

Jim is even further than the Magic Circle. I didn’t have problem with my AT&T

You can still roll in from time for a visit when you want company!

Latest posts