Spare Tire Rack for 2018 ProMaster

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

365vacay

Reaction score
I want to add a spare tire mount to my 2018 ProMaster... possibly one that mounts to my hitch. I would like one that would allow me to easily open my rear doors. Suggestions? Links?

I believe most of the hitch mount ones are universal. I just checked with E-trailer and Rock Auto neither one even list a promaster for anything.

highdesertranger

I saw this one, Sofisintown. I was hoping for something cheaper. :p

Google is your friend. I just searched "swing away tire carrier hitch" and got some hits but most seem pretty pricey. May be a little cheaper to find someone to fabricate one for you.

to have a swing away like that you need a pretty hefty hinge. a kit with just the hinge, tire mount and hardware for the tire and lock is about 100 bucks for a low priced kit, they go up from there. that is not including the steel, the design, or the welding. just to give it some perspective. here is one that I have used before,

https://atozfabrication.com/tire-carrier-swingout-builder-s-kit.html

notice it is a bare bones kit.

also note you need something super strong to mount it to. most of todays bumpers don't cut it.

highdesertranger