Solo women's studio and home on wheels

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been a super long time since I've updated this, but Ive been busy. I dont have the interior done yet, or even started, but the outside and wooden roof got finished a while ago. It drives and runs perfectly and the roof has held up amazingly! So I figured I would post some pictures :)

I just redid all my breaks, rotors and calipers so thats why I had the little yellow wheels stops on there :p 

The two last pictures are how I did the aluminum trim, which I eventually cleaned up the edges, sanded, primed and painted. I bent the metal using wooden molds for the corners and put that double sided sticky liner they use for cappers in between where they overlapped so thats why it looks like theres a gap but there isn't. And then screwed the aluminum into the wood. 

The roof has head room for 5'10" so I have 6" of clearance above my head. Its perfect for me, but a couple inches too short for my boyfriend. 

Van outside done.JPG

Top trim.JPG

bottom trim.jpg

Attachments

• Van outside done.JPG
    Van outside done.JPG
    532.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Top trim.JPG
    Top trim.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • bottom trim.jpg
    bottom trim.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
I remember when you proposed that job and all the “expert” men beat you up and said you could never do it. You must be like that evil Elizabeth Warren:

Yet She Persisted

Fantastic Job!!!!!