Solo travels in the rain and cold

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

<div>Hi Everybody</div>As I read many of these posts and explore the site I see many of you are in the snow/below freezing some of the year if you cannot travel for some reason. I have a couple of weeks before I take off. I'm happy I don't have to endure "extreme&nbsp;weather" in the motovan.&nbsp;California's&nbsp;temps are mild year round really. I do plan on going north into Oregon then&nbsp;Nevada in&nbsp;the spring away from friends and family. &nbsp;Anyway back to my question to any of you driving solo that care to comment. I'd appreciate any opinions.&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>Do you ever get lonely or feel sad?</div><div><br></div><div>I'm very a&nbsp;social person&nbsp;will I meet others like me on the road?</div><div><br></div><div>What do you do&nbsp;in&nbsp;the pouring rain during the day?.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>Is there any&nbsp;here&nbsp;traveling in California?&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>What do you do at night? From 8 to 10pm? &nbsp;I like to watch "some not too much" TV but I don't know much about TV in motovan. What do you do if there is no TV?</div><div><br></div><div>Thank you</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

Yes sometimes you can feel alone. Meeting other full timers at the RTR was a great experience. I made some new lifelong friends.&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>I'm in LA and it doesn't rain a lot but it has a few times and ya it sucked. I just stayed in and caught up on bills and such.</div><div><br></div><div>I put a TV in the Vansion, but I never use it. I found I use my phone a lot for watching movies and surfing the web just because it takes such little power. Also reception OTA depends on where you are so it can be inconsistent. Oh ya and I haven't watched TV in 5 years or so, maybe that has something to do with it...</div>

California is a big state and has a lot of variation.&nbsp; I'm currently in the south-eastern corner where the weather is nice now, but I'm sure there are parts covered in snow like Lassen National Park.<br>I was pretty much alone in a big city, not really more so in the desert.&nbsp; RTR was fun, but I need some alone time afterwards.<br><br><br>

I'll answer your questions in line:<br><br><span id="post_message_1272224407"><div>Q: Do you ever get lonely or feel sad?</div><div>A:<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 153);"> Lonliness and sadness come from the inside out. Changing the outside circumstances won't change them. I have found by living close to nature, the inside changed and the loneliness and sadness (which I always felt, even when in crowds) went away.</span><br><br></div><div>Q: I'm very a&nbsp;social person&nbsp;will I meet others like me on the road?</div><div><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 153);">A: YES! I have made more deep, good friends on the road then I ever made living a "normal" life. It's true I don't see them often, and I spend a lot of time alone, but I am almost never truly lonely. I used to know lots of people, but there were no real connections. Now I know many less people, but I truly feel connected to them.</span><br><br></div><div>Q: What do you do&nbsp;in&nbsp;the pouring rain during the day?.&nbsp;</div><div><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 153);">A: Get online, read, think, walk (yes, even in the rain, I haven't melted yet) watch TV or movies on DVD, work on websites. </span><br><br></div><div>Q: Is there any&nbsp;here&nbsp;traveling in California? <br><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 153);">A: I am camped on BLM desert land just outside of Victorville, CA which is just Northeast of LA off of Interstate 15. You are welcome in my camp anytime!! </span><br></div><div><br></div><div>Q: What do you do at night? From 8 to 10pm? &nbsp;I like to watch "some not too much" TV but I don't know much about TV in motovan. What do you do if there is no TV?</div></span><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 153);">A: I do the same things I would do on a rainy day. I have a large collection of TV series and movies on DVD that I watch. Many people keep their collection on their hard disk. I also read, work online etc.</span><br>Bob<br><br>

Latest posts