SoCal van conversion in process

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digitalgoddess

Reaction score
Howdy!

I'm working, slowly now due to the pandemic, with my cousin to convert a Promaster van into a camper of sorts that will most likely become my full-time rig. Can't wait to soak up all the wisdom on here.

Thanks,

Dasha

Welcome to the CRVL forums Dasha! Post some progress photos when you get the time!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome Dasha. You will find some wisdom here but the problem is it’s mixed in with stuff from fools like me so make certain to look it over and get a second opinion. Generally if you find two people on here are firmly agree you’ll be all right. But everybody’s rig is personal so some of those decisions will have to be yours. Others ideas are a great base to work from but since you’re the one that’s going to be living in it you Gotta make it suit you. About a ago Bob interviewed and videoed a man who actually set up a “van” in his living room. He outlined the size of the van and then the size of the things he needed in it and moved them around to see how it would work in different configurations. I think he even intended to sleep in it to really get the feel for it. Interesting idea. But welcome.

Welcome to the group!

I'm also in the So Cal area, though I'm not a nomad at present.

You'll find a lot of good information here along with quite a few helpful people who are happy to answer questions.

Best of luck to you in your upcoming travels!

If you want some ideas. Foresty Forest is converting a van right now. on his  youtube channel.

I live in LA. I full-time but for me my van is more of a micro apartment that I can live in for free. I do travel a lot for work so it gives me a few days a week to stay in a hotel and enjoy all the amenities. But when I'm home I'm pretty comfortable in my little setup.