Small GTG on the Oregon Coast June 20th

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many days will the gtg last?

And can we apply for a discounted group rate from the campground?

Sorry, I have no idea how many days people will stay. I rarely pay for camping but this is a place to meet up. There is no discount for this little campground, $15. 00 a night. It has bathrooms, fire pits and picnic tables. It is right off highway 101 and very close to town.
There is dispersed camping behind The Tillamook Blimp Museum a few miles up Trask River Road. There is also dispersed camping on highway 6 behind Jones Creek Campground which is half way between the coast and Portland, Oregon. The Coast mountain range is a great place and the ocean is always near by. There are also many things to see and do in that area of the Oregon coast. We'll have a potluck Wednesday and Friday afternoons and a pancake breakfast one morning.
Basically, just chillin' and meeting old and new friends!

I am hoping to come meet a few folks as I am currently not that far away. can anyone provide more info about free dispersed camping near by. I found some one the trask river as mentioned but it seams to be a half hour away.

anyone else going to be doing the free camping close by?

thanks

Seminole Wind said:
anyone else going to be doing the free camping close by?

Trask river is probably as close as you can get for free camping.  There are a number of different small dispersed areas along the Trask:

https://www.oregon.gov/ODF/Recreation/pages/Camp.aspx

You can always stay (free) at the Blue Heron Cheese Factory (no tent camping) - 4.5 miles away.  anything else, I think, would be farther than you are looking for (e.g., Mt. Hebo)

At the Gathering this next week (June 20) in Tillamook, Oregon, we are having it in a campground. It's almost impossible to find free camping for a group on the Oregon Coast.
We realize, for some, that the cost of a campground is a hardship, no matter what the cost. (It is $15.00 a day) There is boondocking (in the woods or in town) nearby. But for this event, if you wish to come and cannot afford it, come anyway.
We have an anonymous donation which will cover you.
Please don't hesitate to come if that is keeping you from attending. All you need to do is let us know. Please drop me a note.

Also, there is dispersed camping up the Trask River, like 10, 12 miles from Tillamook city. There is a really nice rest stop just south of the Tillamook airport right on 101 which we have stayed in many times. There is free overnight camping in the back field of the Blue Heron Cheese Factory right in town. You can stay overnight in the Fred Myer parking lot in town.
Also, there is no reason that two rigs cannot park in the same spot at the rv park. Where there's a will, there's a way. In fact, two to a spot sounds good to me.

Nelda said:
June 20, 2017 until?
Port of Tillamook RV Park
http://www.potb.org/rv-park/

Just a note that the Port of Tillamook RV Park website has their own address wrong (LOL).  The actual address is:

[font=Arial, sans-serif]5005 Hwy 101 S.[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]  (not 505)[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Tillamook, OR 97141 [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Campendium has it correct[/font]

I'm looking forward to seeing you all Tuesday.
Happy Trails, Janna

Hello Nelda,
I'm new to forums.  I'm planning on attending and to gain more insight into van life.

Loren
Four Wheel Pop-Up Camper/Grey Tacoma

I'll be camping over at bastendorff beach (near coos bay) monday night kayaking in the morning then make my way to Tillamook tues afternoon.. looking forward to meeting everyone.

kenny

Welcome aboard Loren !
You should start an intro thread on the newcomer corner forum so more of the tribe gets to greet ya ! :idea: :cool:

Just a couple photos:

IMG_5287a.jpg

IMG_5301a.jpg

There's lots of room so come join us!

Attachments

• IMG_5301a.jpg
    IMG_5301a.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5287a.jpg
    IMG_5287a.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 4
^
I love see in those faces!!! Miss you sooooo much!!!

was great meeting everyone yesterday and talking round the campfire till the wee hours of the morning. I am an early riser and was off exploring pretty early this morning but I'll be back.

see ya later
kenny

It really makes me homesick for the road,,,,welll someday I'll be back!
Have fun and keep a light on so I can find y'all.